Cannot play movies or TV since 20 January 2018
This is a bit weird. As of 20 January, I can no longer play any TV or movie from the normal screens where I would select them. This includes the images that appear on the main movie or TV screen (Estuary) or any of the lists that appear when I select Title, In Progress, Year etc.

Whenever any show is selected the screen goes blue for 10 to 20 seconds and then the list is presented again.

The only way to view a show is to use the Files option and select from there.

Metadata for newly added shows all looks good but perhaps something is missing for the normal file selection process to be able to work? I note that there is no metadata available at a show or series level in the Files option.

I have Kodi 17.0 on a C2 Odroid running LibreELEC and an Android box running Kodi 17.6. Both boxes share a MySQL database and both have the same problem.

Since the only thing in common is the database my next move unless I get a better suggestion is to re-create the MySQL database. I will import it into a local database on one of my Kodi boxes first to see if it fixes the problem.

I will generate a log tonight unless someone solves this for me before then.
To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file.

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Always use a paste site like pastebin.com. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.
Log file is https://paste.ubuntu.com/26443711/

Definitely looks like a MySQL issue. The errors begin with this line:

22:10:28.229 T:18446744073167518000   ERROR: SQL: [MyVideos107] Undefined MySQL error: Code (126)
                                            Query: SELECT * FROM season_view  WHERE season_view.idShow = 368

I'll look at that view in MySQL tonight and the table(s) that are referenced in it. That might be a quick fix. If not, it would seem likely that dropping and rebuilding the MySQL database will fix the issue.

There is also a number of occurrences of the following message:

WARNING: Unable to query optimizer_switch: 'MyVideos107'

I don't know if that is normal or not. Should be easily fixable in MySQL.
So looking at season_view  in MySQL produces the following error:
#126 - Incorrect key file for table '/tmp/#sql_133c_2.MYI'; try to repair it

This indicates that the temporary table created to store the view results has run out of disk space. My NAS uses the default of /tmp for temp tables. /tmp is mounted on a 15Mb RAM filesystem on my NAS. Changing the default location for temp tables in MySQL to a disk location with lots of free space makes the view work again and resolves the issue in Kodi.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cannot play movies or TV since 20 January 20180