• 53(current)
Release Amazon Echo Alexa Video Skill for Kodi
Hi tkislan! I've registered just to try this skill that you created! is it still possible to join the beta-group?
I' d really appreciate it!

Thanks
liking the skill, thanks for the effort!!.

Only thing I've found so far is I cant get it to to change the TV channel, any ideas?
Hi tkislan

i have installed the latest Kodi Connect zip file and managed to connect this to Kodi but when i go to request for invitation to beta link, it says email already registered and do not the Kodi connect icon when i log into Alexa Website to enable the skill.#

Can you help please.

Regards,

Yogs
I had the skill working for a moment but now I get from Alexa "I can't do that on Kodi, would like to use your Fire TV". Any ideas?
(2018-12-14, 18:26)sepulchre Wrote: liking the skill, thanks for the effort!!.

Only thing I've found so far is I cant get it to to change the TV channel, any ideas?
@tkislan Could you please have a look at TV channels ?
Thanks very much.
Hi,

Like and appreciate your effort on the kodi alexa skills.

I've gone thru all the steps (set up account, installed addon, set alexa email address, etc.). However, no kodi skill shows up in my alexa account. How long does it take for this to be activated?

Thanks and cheers.....
From my experience it should be very quickly.
Update No. 3 -

May have identified the problem, but need to figure out the best way to resolve it. My Echo Dot may still be sitting on the guest Wi-Fi connection (tho, I thought I had changed that. Just tried to ping it and got a "Time Out" response. Maybe be why it's not getting anything back (or out to) the Kodi system.  I can successfully ping my Kodi system, tho.

OK. Back to work Sad

Update No2. -

Got everything set up on both Kodi/RPI and in Alexa skills. When I enable the Kodi skill, Alexa goes out searching for it but cannot find anything (i.e. like my Kodi Alexa connection Sad I ask it to search again and same results ("Sorry, we could not find any devices to link."). I suspect the problem is something related to my home subnet. I have 2 Wi-Fi options, one for guests and one for everyone else and when on "guest" I know the Kodi can't be seen becuz that's how I wanted it. It should be seen on the regular Wi-Fi, tho. I can see the Kodi system from my main PC which is hardwired to the network/subnet.

If anyone else has experienced anything similar and can offer some suggestions/insight, I am open to it (networking is not my forte' Sad Anxious to get this puppy up and running and see how it works.

Thx in advance and cheers....

Update No. 1 -

NVM - Went back and checked my process. Realized I never completed my Link into Amazon/Alexa. It now shows up.

Cheers.....

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Just checked again (5 hrs. later) and still nothing. I must be missing something here.

Any ideas? Thx....
Hi,

I‘ve Registers at Alexa still Beta Site and geht my secret die kodi.
I‘ve also Setup die Plugin and it Shows kodi connected. I‘ve Asses The skill kodi to my Alexa Account and Added my kodi installation.

I was able to link my Kodi Installation with my Alexa App, but After Linking The created link is Not shown.

A few Pages ahed i‘Ve read This is an Alexa bug and everything Should work Fine.

But wehen i say Alexa Play a specific Movie it answers there is no Video Skills connected.

Currently this installiert Skin is Named kodi isbthere a specific kodi Video Skills ?
Once everything is done (downloaded/installed kdoi connect addon, registered at the kodi connect server, enabled skill, etc.) does the kodi connect addon (running on an RPI 3) need to be activated in any way? I entered in the name and secret in the kodi connect addon, yet when I try to select it from within the Alexa app, there is nothing that shows up to be selected. As I mentioned above, I tried a search again and still nothing shows up.

Feels like I'm missing one step. Any ideas or suggestions?

Thx in advance......
I had to restart Kodi for the addon to connect to the server.
After that everything worked fine.
That was the missing step. Should have been obvious. Sometimes I wonder if my brain is really in the gear I want to believe it is (or in gear at all Sad

Thx much and cheers.....

(2018-12-21, 08:15)spookz Wrote: I had to restart Kodi for the addon to connect to the server.
After that everything worked fine.
Now that I've been playing with this kodi/alexa stuff, it is rather cool (wonder how much Amazon is listening to the crap alexa hears from this house Smile

Curious about dealing with folder titles and subfolders....I've noticed 2 things about this. 1st is that I have a couple of shows that have years in the folder titles (i.e. "Maniac (2018)" ) and it's not clear if kodi/alexa recognizes or understands that. The other is I have subfolders for seasons (Season 1, etc.) and alexa doesn't seem to know about that.

Anyone else run into this and figured out how to get around it?

Thx and cheers...and happy holidays....
I have the same pop up in kodi "nothing found" did anyone get a fix for this, thanks
Hi I'm Chrisfian and I'm from Germany. I'm new here in the forum and can apparently send you no PM. But I would like to try the skill. What can I do? Sorry for my bad English.
  • 53(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amazon Echo Alexa Video Skill for Kodi8