• 8(current)
Release Amazon Echo Alexa Video Skill for Kodi
You need to ask your invitation name.
Alexa ASK KODI to play iron man
(2018-03-10, 05:56)willthethrill Wrote: Hi. I've installed everything (all seems to work - installing Kodi Connect, linking to echo, etc.). But when I make a request to my echo dot "Alexa play iron man". I get the reply from Alexa "Getting Iron Man from FireTV"? How does it search for it from Kodi? Am I missing something?

Thanks for all your effort.
Hey. You can say "Play iron man on <device_name>", where <device_name> is what you entered on Kodi Connect page.
This is in case you want to use both. But if you don't use FireTV, you should be able to set default video skill, or disable FireTV video skill.
Hi.
The controls seem to be working quite well (except the known issue withe the stop-command).
I have some trouble with the addon (0.1.8). It's not starting automatically after reboot. When I stat it manually (disable->enable),
it comes up correct and displays "connected". 
I'm on Leia alpha. I don't have issues with autostart of other addons.

Any suggestions?
Maybe the "wait for network" function might be worth a try?
NVIDIA Shield, H270M-Plus (i3-7100),NUC7i3BNH,WeTekHub,Pi2,Win10Server.
Waiting for network probably wont make any difference, as the Addon is trying to connect every 20 seconds when it fails.

Can you provide more info? Like platform? And maybe even log with debugging enabled
Good day tkislan, I completed step 1, so i pressume the skill shoud appear in my skills?
managed to install the add-on in kodi.
Thank you
(2018-03-11, 02:17)tkislan Wrote: Waiting for network probably wont make any difference, as the Addon is trying to connect every 20 seconds when it fails.

Can you provide more info? Like platform? And maybe even log with debugging enabled
 Hi. 
I guess waiting did the trick for me. If the skill is not responding "immediately" after boot, it is reproducible working after some time.
I'll observe the further but so far I'm quite happy. Is there any progress to be expected "soon" on the "stop-issue"?
Hi, I'm a new member here so it looks like I'm restricted to send both pm and emails. So tkislan, could you please add my amazon account to the skills needed.

BR /// Rob
I would also like to try the skill, but can't contact you. Is there another way than this forum?
Intel NUC8i3BEH, Kodi 19, SanDisk Plus 128GB SSD, Kingston HyperX Impact 8GB, Windows 10 x64
Sony KD65-XF9005
(2018-03-12, 10:39)DeckardCain2014 Wrote: I would also like to try the skill, but can't contact you. Is there another way than this forum?
You can PM me on reddit, or just write me an email.
(2018-03-11, 15:00)cozmo Wrote:
(2018-03-11, 02:17)tkislan Wrote: Waiting for network probably wont make any difference, as the Addon is trying to connect every 20 seconds when it fails.

Hi. 
I guess waiting did the trick for me. If the skill is not responding "immediately" after boot, it is reproducible working after some time.
I'll observe the further but so far I'm quite happy. Is there any progress to be expected "soon" on the "stop-issue"? 
This is probably because addon doesn't build up library index until after first 20 seconds. I need to change this asap. I just don't ever stop my Kodi instance, so never actually bothered me.
No ETA on stop issue yet, sorry about that.
I received your mail, million thanks!
Hi. thanks for this. Your recommendation was spot on!. After other issues I finally got everything to work. Will report of any future issues!

Great work indeed!
Hi tkislan I can't PM here. Please provide your emai. Thank you
(2018-03-12, 16:12)juan11perez Wrote: Hi tkislan I can't PM here. Please provide your emai. Thank you
Hey. You should be able to find it somewhere (as many people did), or you can just PM me on reddit.
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amazon Echo Alexa Video Skill for Kodi8