• 11(current)
Release Amazon Echo Alexa Video Skill for Kodi
(2018-03-17, 21:49)tkislan Wrote:
(2018-03-17, 21:32)Nark0t Wrote:  

Hey, I have to manually add your Alexa connected email.
You can PM me.    
@tkislan  As a new member I am not allowed to send PMs yet. Any chance you could PM me so I can let you know my Alexa email for the skill linking?
is it also possible to change the channels on a PVR like Hauppauge?!
(2018-03-20, 16:15)Jaggl Wrote: is it also possible to change the channels on a PVR like Hauppauge?!
It should be fairly easy. I just don't have much time for this currently. But will hopefully find some.
Hello, I was experiencing the same error, everything seemed fine but nothing got played. After a dive on the log it seemed that when the plugin queried the Series database and found 0 titles, that generated an error (my series dB was empty). So I scanned a couple of tv shows and then tried again playing some movies and it worked.
Hope that helps.
(2018-03-13, 17:12)bobrap Wrote:
(2018-03-13, 15:33)tkislan Wrote:
(2018-03-12, 21:40)bobrap Wrote: Was hoping you could help with a little troubleshooting.  I have everything installed correctly as far as I know.  When I tell Alexa to watch a series, she responds with getting "series" from Kodi video.  Problem is nothing plays.  Looking in kodi log there is this error, if it means anything:

ERROR: C:\Users\Bob\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.kodiconnect\resources\lib\fuzzywuzzy\fuzz.py:35: UserWarning: Using slow pure-python SequenceMatcher. Install python-Levenshtein to remove this warning
                                              warnings.warn('Using slow pure-python SequenceMatcher. Install python-Levenshtein to remove this warning')

Let me know what else I can provide to help solve the problem  Thanks.
That's just a warning, and it doesn't affect the addon  
 Thanks for the reply about the error.  Any idea about Alexa saying getting "show" from Kodi but not actually playing it?  Thanks

Hello, I was experiencing the same error, everything seemed fine but nothing got played. After a dive on the log it seemed that when the plugin queried the Series database and found 0 titles, that generated an error (my series dB was empty). So I scanned a couple of tv shows and then tried again playing some movies and it worked.
Hope that helps.
(2018-03-20, 21:56)tkislan Wrote:
(2018-03-20, 16:15)Jaggl Wrote: is it also possible to change the channels on a PVR like Hauppauge?!
It should be fairly easy. I just don't have much time for this currently. But will hopefully find some. 
this would be nice. since i am using my kodi to watching TV... I can also help you testing if you need it
I would like to test this skill... PMing you my Alexa linked email address right now.
(2018-03-22, 04:09)bigjpayne90 Wrote: I would like to test this skill... PMing you my Alexa linked email address right now.
 Apparently, I'm not allowed to PM.  (don't know why, I've verified my account).

Anyway... my amazon linked email is my ***********.

Please add me to your beta skill!!
@tkislan I would love to try out your skill but cannot send a PM due to being a new user. Can you add me to the beta list using REDACTED?

Thank you!
I've added you both.
You can edit your messages, and remove your emails

Here is the link to enable the skill
Thank you! I've managed to get it working using "Alex Pause Master Bedroom Kodi" but when asking to "Alex Play Criminal Minds" it is playing this on the Echo Spot from Prime Video, is there a way to prevent this?

I've tried "Alexa play Criminal Minds on Master Bedroom Kodi" but it just says it can't find a skill with the name "Master Bedroom Kodi"

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Andrew
(2018-03-22, 15:17)tkislan Wrote: I've added you both.
You can edit your messages, and remove your emails

Here is the link to enable the skill
Thank you so much.

Love it so far!!
Hi there, I'm really keen on trying this but I am unable to PM you. Could you please add me <email>

Thank you
Aaron
(2018-03-23, 07:38)aarona Wrote: Hi there, I'm really keen on trying this but I am unable to PM you. Could you please add me <email>

Thank you
Aaron
I've added you. You can edit your message, and delete email address
(2018-03-22, 16:04)gnu47 Wrote: Thank you! I've managed to get it working using "Alex Pause Master Bedroom Kodi" but when asking to "Alex Play Criminal Minds" it is playing this on the Echo Spot from Prime Video, is there a way to prevent this?

I've tried "Alexa play Criminal Minds on Master Bedroom Kodi" but it just says it can't find a skill with the name "Master Bedroom Kodi"

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Andrew
I think that there should be a way to pick a default Video Skill. I probably won't be much of a help here, since I can't even test it with any other Video Skill.
  • 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amazon Echo Alexa Video Skill for Kodi8