• 12(current)
Release Amazon Echo Alexa Video Skill for Kodi
Hi, This addon really looks great. Thank you for your hard work. I would like to try this. Please add me <Email>
(2018-03-23, 13:39)Arthurdc Wrote: Hi, This addon really looks great. Thank you for your hard work. I would like to try this. Please add me <Email>
You have to send me your actual email Smile .. if you can't through PM, you can find me on reddit, or find my email address
Is the skill able to update the library for kodi?
(2018-03-25, 09:13)goaluf Wrote: Is the skill able to update the library for kodi?
Nope. Video Skill doesn't provide such API.
And tbh, it shouldn't even need to. You should setup in a way, that the service that's retrieving the content, should also notify Kodi to update the library.
You can use post-download script in Transmission or NZBGet, or something similar with other services.
Noticed that when I have this installed, Kodi locks up when I exit forcing me to either reboot or log off windows 10.  Running Leia nightlies with Aeon Nox Silvo.  Just wondering if it's just my setup and what I can provide you to try and troubleshoot.  If I uninstall Kodi connect, Kodi exits normally.  Thanks or any help.
YOYIZDERZOMENEMOHOZEZAZEZDENDERIZHOZEZ
(2018-03-25, 21:17)bobrap Wrote: Noticed that when I have this installed, Kodi locks up when I exit forcing me to either reboot or log off windows 10.  Running Leia nightlies with Aeon Nox Silvo.  Just wondering if it's just my setup and what I can provide you to try and troubleshoot.  If I uninstall Kodi connect, Kodi exits normally.  Thanks or any help.
There was one other guy reporting this behavior (also on Windows), but I couldn't track it down. Even from the logs, I saw, that addon did exit, but Kodi still reported some problems.
But at the end, it was related to Plex addon.
(2018-03-25, 22:56)tkislan Wrote:
(2018-03-25, 21:17)bobrap Wrote: Noticed that when I have this installed, Kodi locks up when I exit forcing me to either reboot or log off windows 10.  Running Leia nightlies with Aeon Nox Silvo.  Just wondering if it's just my setup and what I can provide you to try and troubleshoot.  If I uninstall Kodi connect, Kodi exits normally.  Thanks or any help.
There was one other guy reporting this behavior (also on Windows), but I couldn't track it down. Even from the logs, I saw, that addon did exit, but Kodi still reported some problems.
Not running Plex though. Huh
Amazing work! Thanks.
Is there a way to ask how much time is remaining in the video currently playing and get a verbal response back from Alexa?  I had another Kodi-Alexa skill running at one point that did this.
(2018-03-26, 21:46)BDPNA Wrote: Is there a way to ask how much time is remaining in the video currently playing and get a verbal response back from Alexa?  I had another Kodi-Alexa skill running at one point that did this.
Unfortunately there is not API for that, so currently no. Maybe in the future, if Amazon decides to implement it.
i would like to try this?
is it for UK, DE, US alexa users only?
(2018-03-27, 11:25)bittihuduga Wrote: i would like to try this?

Yes, this is limitation from Amazon.
But you can change your content country in Amazon in order to be able to enable it. (Which is what I am doing)
(2018-03-27, 11:37)tkislan Wrote:
(2018-03-27, 11:25)bittihuduga Wrote: i would like to try this?

Yes, this is limitation from Amazon.
But you can change your content country in Amazon in order to be able to enable it. (Which is what I am doing) 
i am not sure if i will lose my prime video content by changing country. will check it out and pm my alexa id.
Just PMed you through Reddit because I think my account here is too new.
Server - Dell OptiPlex 3080 MT (GT 1030) Ubuntu WSL2  Client 1 - Minisforum UM580 Client 2 - Odroid N2+ Kodi - Nexus (Arctic Fuse) PlexKodiConnect TV 1 - LG 55UK6200PLA TV 2 - LG 49UJ635V AVR - Yamaha HTR-2071 Speakers - Q Acoustics 3030i/3090Ci
(2018-03-25, 22:56)tkislan Wrote:
So, is this a fixable item or just something I have to live with?  I really would like to continue using this, but, not with a reboot after every use.  Thanks.
  • 12(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amazon Echo Alexa Video Skill for Kodi8