Release Amazon Echo Alexa Video Skill for Kodi
(2018-09-05, 15:54)tkislan Wrote:
(2018-09-05, 15:15)pbarr Wrote:
(2018-09-05, 15:11)pbarr Wrote: Actually I spoke too soon.

Only the playback functions within a movie were working. Pause, resume, fast forward 20 seconds, etc.

Once the movie was ended, it proved impossible to do a find or play command. Alexa interprets it properly and says things like “getting Interstellar from Kodi Video” but absolutely no reaction in the UI.

I also followed your advice and upgraded to Krypton 17.6 the latest stable release of Kodi.

No change at all except the commands within movie playback no longer work.

I’m completely at a loss now. I even rebuilt the Echo Dot from scratch.

Also no improvement.

It’s basically a dead duck here.

So please let me know what I can get you to help understand this problem. 

Just a quick thought.

Is it significant that the skill I have says DevUK and my Amazon account is a US account ?   
Damn, my bad .. 17.4 would have probably be okay .. I somehow misunderstood it for 16.4

That is weird, but probably shouldn't affect it.
Can you describe more, how it is not working?
What does Alexa reply? Does Kodi show any notification?
Also, could you upload kodi.log somewhere? There might be some useful information.
And if you send me the email that you used to register on Kodi connect page, I will check server logs  
Tomas,

Hopefully I did this right and you should find the log file here. I switched on DEBUG also.

https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/mtBZkyV2T4/

I registered with [email protected]

As for the description of what's happening.

I start up Kodi and the Kodi Connect pop up appears and says "connected"

Then I just ask Kodi to play a movie:

Alexa, play Interstellar - just as in the cheat sheet.

Alexa says: "getting Interstellar from Kodi Video".

This experience is the same for TV Shows and Movies.

Then nothing happens so I'm guessing there's an unhandled exception occurring somewhere there, either in Kodi or in your server.  Looking at those logs I think it's Kodi.

If I am in a movie or a music video I can still "pause" and "play". Lag is about 2 seconds on both commands and Alexa doesn't respond verbally to those, but they do work. I can also fast forward, etc.

Incidentally I don't know how to use a voice command to "stop" play a video and return to the menu. I still need to use a remote control for that.

Thanks for your efforts.

Messages In This Thread
Can't connect to Kodi connect - by Shaboobala - 2018-07-17, 07:39
RE: Amazon Echo Alexa Video Skill for Kodi - by pbarr - 2018-09-07, 02:17
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amazon Echo Alexa Video Skill for Kodi8