Release Amazon Echo Alexa Video Skill for Kodi
(2018-09-12, 17:04)hslansky Wrote:
(2018-09-12, 14:05)tkislan Wrote:
(2018-09-12, 13:44)hslansky Wrote:  Just upgraded to version 0.1.19 and I am still having the same issue with genres.  The request was done at approximately 7:39AM ET.  A request for Fantasy movies works fine, Sci-Fi and Science Fiction return a message from Kodi Connect saying "Nothing Found".      
I don't get it. I've just added unit test for the exact same Alexa request, and it does find movies.
Can you check whats the name of your Sci-Fi genre? I have it named "Science Fiction", and it does match it. Maybe if in your case it's called "Sci-Fi", it might not match against it.
Also, if you send me your "MyVideos107.db" file, it might help to investigate why it's not working for you      
The genre is "Sci-Fi" as that's how it appears on IMDB.com.  I also tried "Science-Fiction" and get the same error, however, "Science Fiction" does work (no dash)  My database is MyVideos112.db. I am running Leia Beta 2.  What is the best way to send you the file?  (assuming you still need/want it). 
Nope, not needed anymore.
The issue is that "Science Fictions" doesn't match against "Sci-Fi", those strings are just not similar enough.
I've added and deployed a simple mapping, that will extend the genres being sent. (no need to update addon)
Could you try once more?

Messages In This Thread
Can't connect to Kodi connect - by Shaboobala - 2018-07-17, 07:39
RE: Amazon Echo Alexa Video Skill for Kodi - by tkislan - 2018-09-12, 22:12
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amazon Echo Alexa Video Skill for Kodi8