Release Amazon Echo Alexa Video Skill for Kodi
Update No. 3 -

May have identified the problem, but need to figure out the best way to resolve it. My Echo Dot may still be sitting on the guest Wi-Fi connection (tho, I thought I had changed that. Just tried to ping it and got a "Time Out" response. Maybe be why it's not getting anything back (or out to) the Kodi system.  I can successfully ping my Kodi system, tho.

OK. Back to work Sad

Update No2. -

Got everything set up on both Kodi/RPI and in Alexa skills. When I enable the Kodi skill, Alexa goes out searching for it but cannot find anything (i.e. like my Kodi Alexa connection Sad I ask it to search again and same results ("Sorry, we could not find any devices to link."). I suspect the problem is something related to my home subnet. I have 2 Wi-Fi options, one for guests and one for everyone else and when on "guest" I know the Kodi can't be seen becuz that's how I wanted it. It should be seen on the regular Wi-Fi, tho. I can see the Kodi system from my main PC which is hardwired to the network/subnet.

If anyone else has experienced anything similar and can offer some suggestions/insight, I am open to it (networking is not my forte' Sad Anxious to get this puppy up and running and see how it works.

Thx in advance and cheers....

Update No. 1 -

NVM - Went back and checked my process. Realized I never completed my Link into Amazon/Alexa. It now shows up.

Cheers.....

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Just checked again (5 hrs. later) and still nothing. I must be missing something here.

Any ideas? Thx....

Messages In This Thread
Can't connect to Kodi connect - by Shaboobala - 2018-07-17, 07:39
RE: Amazon Echo Alexa Video Skill for Kodi - by stephr1 - 2018-12-18, 08:31
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amazon Echo Alexa Video Skill for Kodi8