4k 10-bit HEVC video looks washed out / undersaturated
(2018-01-26, 00:21)DominicM Wrote: Not sure what you mean with those signs. As far as competing technologies HDR is by far the most common and the one I am referring to. MPV player as well as Windows default player handles it, it a joke that kodi does not being a media center software.
 What I mean is that to be helpful for you and others, we need to be carefull about exactly what the problem is.  In the case of video playback, 4k is a specific resolution, 10 bit is a specific data size, HEVC is a compression codec and HDR is a concept to provide better range of luminosity.   As I understand your original problem You provide some different details about the source you are attempting to playback, but it seems like the critical element is that you have media files that are advertised as "HDR" that you want to play to a device that can't handle any HDR formats, so you want to playback as SDR.  I assume that the source is following the specification for HDR10.  

So the first thing we need to know is, is the source an HDR10 video?  What Kodi can do with HDR10 I am not sure (I don't have any of these available myself to play around with).  If we know that, then one of the videoplayer experts can give you better guidance.  That's what I was attempting to do:  understand better the exact problem.

scott s.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 4k 10-bit HEVC video looks washed out / undersaturated - by scott967 - 2018-01-26, 06:21
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
4k 10-bit HEVC video looks washed out / undersaturated0