Weird Airplay Issue
Hi Guys

I'm running Libreelec on several machines around the house.

The issue I have is that when I boot the machine up airplay will not work. Sometimes it will see the airplay device but will say can't connect when I try streaming.

If I go to service setting and just disable and re enable the airplay toggle it fixes the problem until I reboot or shutdown the machine.

Any advice here?
Airplay support in Kodi will work every so often, until Apple decides to change the Airplay protocol again so only Apple users can "enjoy" the Airplay experience. That protocol needs to be reverse-engineered for it to work on other devices. So yes, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. My personal advice: use something other than airplay.
The weird thing is if I use windows with kodi the airplay works like a charm. When I run any sort of linux distro I have to stop and start it at every boot. Its not like the service doesnt work I literally just turn it off and on and its working again. I'd be happy even if I could script kodi to disable it and enable it automatically for me.
There is something that I think it may be. The linux distros boot super fast and kodi is running before network connection is present. I see there is an option in openelec to delay this startup. Ill check it when I get home and let you know if that works.
OK it's fixed. It was Libreelec (and I guess the other flavours of linux I used previously) that was launching kodi before the network was running. Set LIbreElec to boot after network was ready and Airplay is working like a charm Smile
(2018-01-26, 08:51)leachieboy Wrote: OK it's fixed. It was Libreelec (and I guess the other flavours of linux I used previously) that was launching kodi before the network was running. Set LIbreElec to boot after network was ready and Airplay is working like a charm Smile

Thank you!  This solved my issue with Airplay not working at boot.  Much appreciated!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Weird Airplay Issue0