Crash (segfault) when going into video options during playback
For some reason XBMC always defaults to playing subtitles if there are any in the video folder. Every time then I must go into the video options while it is playing and disable them. This doesn't bother me too much (but id still like to know why), but I just ran into a problem where going into the video options during playback causes a segfault. I've looked through the debug log but I am not seeing any issues. I've pasted a link to the log below, the relevant part from ffmpeg loading the video until the crash. This is really strange since I seem to remember disabling the subtitles for similar videos to the one in question (i.e. same source and directory structure). I did completely reinstall the xbmc package after upgrading to Hardy but I'm not sure if any others have experienced similar issues. Any ideas would be appreciated. thanks

http://pastebin.com/m3e4157d2
Antec Fusion
Intel E2160 (1.8GHz)
4GB Patriot DDR2 800
Auztech X-Mystique Sound Card
300GB + 500GB + 750GB + 1TB
Ubuntu 9.10
If you dig around a bit in the OSD there is a "use these settings for all videos" option that will preserve "disable subs." I can't confirm or deny the crash ATM. It would've been nice if you'd posted the FULL Debug Log and/or at least the revision you're running.
Also try it with Project Mayhem III, Clearity is a little outdated
basically we only check out this sort of bug if you can reproduce them with the default skin anyway
Thanks for the tip on the setting I was looking for with subtitles. And yea I should have posted a full log... but I figured out the problem and its kinda my fault. I wasn't using the default PM3 skin. I was using Clearity and I also tried Aeon both of which segfaulted trying to access audio/video settings with fullscreen content for any video i tried. Works fine with PM3 though. Does anyone know whats up with these skins or where I could start digging to make them work? They are both amazing looking and have some nice features and I find it hard to believe they dont allow access to these menus. I'm gonna try a few more skins (I got everything from xbmc-skins-common except Aeon) and see if they do the same thing.

thanks
Antec Fusion
Intel E2160 (1.8GHz)
4GB Patriot DDR2 800
Ubuntu 9.10
Haha got my post up just a bit too late but thanks for the reply. I am running the latest Hardy PPA btw. Anyone else using these skins without that problem?
Antec Fusion
Intel E2160 (1.8GHz)
4GB Patriot DDR2 800
Ubuntu 9.10
Like I said they are outdated if you really want to fix it open up VideoOSDSettings.xml in the PAL folder find
PHP Code:
    <control type="image" id="5">
        <
description>control area</description>
        <
posx>70</posx>
        <
posy>120</posy>
        <
width>570</width>
        <
height>360</height>