Kodi 16 wont display TV Shows Menu Item
I've added 30 episodes of Neon Genesis Evangelion to Kodi. The menu item for TV shows doesn't appear in the menu like it does for movies. When I edit the source of TV shows I have "This directory contains (TV shows) set. Scraper is "he TVDB." Neither "selected folder contains a single tv show" or "exlude path from library updates" is checked. 

I read http://kodi.wiki/view/Naming_video_files/TV_shows

Each episode is titled "Neon Genesis Evangelion xx.mp4" where "xx" is replaced with th number 01, 02, 03.....etc

What gives?
(2018-02-01, 07:25)Grahf Wrote: Each episode is titled "Neon Genesis Evangelion xx.mp4" where "xx" is replaced with th number 01, 02, 03.....etc
You are using Absolute Order for episode numbering. Do you have this set in the Scraper?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Then you didn't read the wiki properly

If you don't have season folders then you can use "Neon Genesis Evangelion ep_xx.mp4". The "ep_" is missing in your filename

If you have a folder for each season (which I would recommend), the you have some folders inside the tv-show folder which are named "Season 01" or "Season 02" for example. Inside those season folders you will have your files specifically for that season. Those should be named: Neon Genesis Evangelion SxxEyy.mp4

Where "xx" stands for the season number and "y" for the episode number for that season. For example: "Neon Genesis Evangelion S01E01.mp4"
(2018-02-01, 07:32)DaVu Wrote: Then you didn't read the wiki properly

If you don't have season folders then you can use "Neon Genesis Evangelion ep_xx.mp4". The "ep_" is missing in your filename

If you have a folder for each season (which I would recommend), the you have some folders inside the tv-show folder which are named "Season 01" or "Season 02" for example. Inside those season folders you will have your files specifically for that season. Those should be named: Neon Genesis Evangelion SxxEyy.mp4

Where "xx" stands for the season number and "y" for the episode number for that season. For example: "Neon Genesis Evangelion S01E01.mp4"
There was only one season of NGE. I renamed all of the files "Neon Genesis Evangelion ep_xx.mp4", restarted kodi, and still no tv show menu item
(2018-02-01, 07:28)Karellen Wrote:
(2018-02-01, 07:25)Grahf Wrote: Each episode is titled "Neon Genesis Evangelion xx.mp4" where "xx" is replaced with th number 01, 02, 03.....etc
You are using Absolute Order for episode numbering. Do you have this set in the Scraper? 
I don't see that option
You still need a season number, if there is only one season it is 01.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2018-02-01, 07:46)nickr Wrote: You still need a season number, if there is only one season it is 01.
 That worked! Thanks
@Grahf

We have all pounced on you at once... slow day on the forum Smile It may look like different advice, but we are coming at it from two opposite sides.

If you are using normal ordering, your show has to be named like this... Neon Genesis Evangelion S01E01 like @DaVu and @nickr stated

Because this is Anime, which usually uses Absolute Ordering, you can just get away with the episode number... but you need to set Absolute Order in the scraper setting. If you set this, then you can only use episode numbers and no seasons. If you add another TV Show to the Source that needs Season numbers, then it won't work. And if TVDB does not have Absolute Numbering for that show, then it definitely won't work.

It all depends on what you are trying to achieve. I would play it safe and stick with Neon Genesis Evangelion S01E01

My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Is there a better way to go about renaming large numbers of files? I have have the complete .hack//SIGN series and im dreading renaming 5 dvd worth of epidoes
SOMONE (<<<<<<) just learned how to do batch renaming with dolphin file manager so.....its easy now
Just as a hint: http://kodi.wiki/view/Rename_tools

Many ways lead to Rome. If your way works fine for you, there's nothing to improve. The Link above is just a friendly hint to some software which does the renaming-job very well.

Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 16 wont display TV Shows Menu Item0