• 14(current)
Release CBC TV (Canadian Broadcasting Corporation)
Hello, I'm having issues with the CBC Kodi app crashing when I try and go into the "Shows" section.  It just says an error has occurred and to check the logs.  I can't say I understand what the results are.

My log file is available here.
Hi @"190123",

This seems to be an issue a few others have. Kodi just wont open a stream it should be able to handle. This is the bit that is the problem:

javascript:
21:18:51.841 T:1925622272  NOTICE: VideoPlayer: Opening: https://cbcvott-a.akamaihd.net/p//38e815...sktop.m3u8?...
21:19:23.651 T:1257239296   ERROR: OpenDemuxStream - Error creating demuxer

To validate I've tested that episode on my firestick and it does work. If you pull the full URL from your log, you can just pop that into VLC and it plays fine -- it isn't an addon problem as far as I can tell. When Leia comes out, I'll add an option to use inputstream.adaptive, which hopefully won't be afflicted by whatever the FFMPEG demuxer has.

Sorry
Hi @BGIYYZ,

Can you try logging out and restarting (restart your device). From what I can see in your logs the addon authorized but only got half of the required data, which is very strange.

Post back here with results and I'll DM you if we need to investigate further.

Thanks,
Hi @micahg,

Okay, I rebooted, turned on full logging, attempted to go into the "Shows" part of the CBC app and after it stopped with an error, I uploaded the resultant logs which you can find here 

Let me know if you require anything else to help you understand what is going on.

Thanks.
@BGIYYZ can you turn on private messaging? I need you to help me debug what is going on with your system.

Thanks,
@micahg, I am not sure exactly what you mean by turning on private messaging. I can't find a setting in the control panel and if I try and send you private message, it says I'm not allowed to do that.  I did send you a "buddy" request though.  Maybe that will do the trick.
Your Profile->Edit Options->'Receive private messages from other users.'

The buddy request doesn't seem to do anything...
His account doesn't have enough previous posts to have the PM priv's enabled on it (it needs at least 10, he only has 6 at the time of writing).

As a special case though this time I've enabled them early so you can work on this.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
@DarrenHill tyvm
Thanks for looking into it and the feedback. I'll await the new Kodi version than patiently. :-)
@micahg

Did you get anywhere with the strange failure 190123 was having?  That's the same problem I had. 

How could you tell add-on authorized?

Others have mentioned seeing that their cbc logon was recognized, which I don't see when I use the add on, even though I have entered my CBC account details.

I use Kodi on a raspberry pi2, which doesn't come with mpeg2 and vc-1 codecs installed, you have to buy them separately.  Could that be part of the problem?  Just grabbing at straws here.
no, not yet.
This is a fantastic add-on. Thanks for continuing the work on it.

Is anyone seeing a consistent video pause when watching The National?

More specifically, I watch The National the day after the broadcast and have been noticing that the video will pause for 20-30 seconds a number of times during the playback. It happens ~10-15 times during the playback... and if I just wait 20-30 seconds, the playback will continue.

Today I uninstalled and reinstalled the add-on (as well as cleared the data) to see if that would help. Interestingly, when I rewatched last night's broadcast, it paused in exactly the same places. Perhaps there is something coming over the stream that is causing a hiccup for the player.

Thoughts?
I've had the stream freeze a few times. I was going to prepare a debug log at some point. It seems to happen with all shows I'm watching.
Hello Everyone,

Now with Kodi 18 released, I've created a branch that uses inputsteam.adaptive instead of ffmpeg to play HLS. Seems to be working for me and unlike ffmpeg, doesn't probe ever substream.  If anyone wants to give it a try, I'm hoping this will help people who have had playback problems (@"190123").

The zip can be downloaded here: https://github.com/micahg/plugin.video.c...stream.zip

Please uninstall your existing addon, reboot, install this one - it has a few additional dependencies. Of course, if you have problems, please send a log (see post 1).
  • 14(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
CBC TV (Canadian Broadcasting Corporation)1