Release CBC TV (Canadian Broadcasting Corporation)
Greetings,

Could the issues be related to the Video Player used for playing these streams?

https://kodi.wiki/view/Raspberry_Pi_FAQ#...al_Kodi.3F

I am running LibreELEC 9.0.1 on my Raspberry Pi 3B+ with InputStream Adaptive 2.3.15.1 (default settings) and Kodi Video (Processing) options also set to default (Settings, Player) as follows...

Allow hardware acceleration - OMXPlayer - Disabled (Use OMXPlayer for decoding of video files ) - NO
Allow Hardware acceleration - MMAL - Enabled (Use VideoPlayer for decoding of video files with MMAL acceleration) - YES

The CBC TV 4.0.6 Add-on is also using the default settings (Use FFMPEG is Disabled) and I have entered my Username/Password to sign in to CBC (using my free account).

I can play most "Shows" without any real issues (I have on occasion experienced a short delay/pause in the video stream but playback will usually continue after 1 or 2 seconds).

When playing "Live Channels" (NN CBC News Network), I will often experience a long pause (more than 30 seconds) that require me to "stop" the playback and occasionally the playback will freeze completely (requiring a reboot to fix).

I'm not really sure how the video players (used by LibreELEC on the Raspberry Pi) interact with the InputStream or FFMPG components, but felt compelled to share my experience.

Thanks.

Messages In This Thread
RE: CBC TV (Canadian Broadcasting Corporation) - by mentat - 2019-03-25, 19:28
RE: [Release] CBC.ca News - by kodaksmith - 2019-11-04, 18:59
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
CBC TV (Canadian Broadcasting Corporation)1