• 23(current)
Release CBC TV (Canadian Broadcasting Corporation)
Cbc actually added support for IPTV Manager (not my IPTV merge)

But iptv merge has had support for the same protocol for a few months now so also works Smile
(2021-09-16, 03:05)micahg Wrote: Also, for whatever reason, this forum *will not* email me when I get a notification. Github does though -- best reach out there from now on.

At the bottom of this thread (page) there should be a Subscribe to this thread option.  If you've already subscribed and your email address is valid then the next step might be to request the forum administrators to investigate further.

EDIT:  It is possible that the options are different for you since you are listed as an owner of the CBC thread.
yeah, i'm subscribed and I changed my email (it was correct and is correct) -- i'll contact an admin...
Thanks for keeping the CBC addon going, it's one of the best that combines live and VOD streams

So important to keep this addon working, looks like CBC might start to be getting into the sports business again,  And with live sports almost non existent in legal/free streams it's good to see:

The Canadian Hockey League is coming to CBC Sports
Catch games every Saturday on CBCSports.ca, CBC-TV, CBC Gem
CBC Sports September 16, 2021

And with that, I'll put out my monthly plea for the CBC Sports addon to get updated (which would allow other big sporting events to be seen)  Smile
I am glad there are some changes everyone will enjoy. I hope that the problem with shows (I'm a Corrie fan) not updating to the latest shows will be resolved with the next release but I am posting to mention another thing that happened with the last release. The check marks that show whether a show has been watched have disappeared for all my shows and are not being added to shows watched since. Small thing, but maybe a solution could be included in a future release. Thanks Micahg for your work on the addon
Hello everyone,

In my personal repo I've updated to support the new Gem V2 API -- just put it up so let me know (github please) if you run into any issues.  I'll check back in a few days and when I get a chance I'll put a PR into the main kodi addon repo.

Personally, I don't love the new CBC layout -- feels like there is no master list of shows, but everything is reachable as far as I can tell and if anything isn't I'll implement their search functionality at some point in the future.
(2021-09-19, 21:25)micahg Wrote: Hello everyone,

In my personal repo I've updated to support the new Gem V2 API -- just put it up so let me know (github please) if you run into any issues.  I'll check back in a few days and when I get a chance I'll put a PR into the main kodi addon repo.

Personally, I don't love the new CBC layout -- feels like there is no master list of shows, but everything is reachable as far as I can tell and if anything isn't I'll implement their search functionality at some point in the future.
Thanks Micahg
works for me as far as I can tell,although I see how there is a new hierarchy of categories for shows. No big deal for me
(2021-09-19, 21:25)micahg Wrote: In my personal repo I've updated to support the new Gem V2 API -- just put it up so let me know (github please) if you run into any issues.  I'll check back in a few days and when I get a chance I'll put a PR into the main kodi addon repo.

Checking it out now, seems to be working well.  I hope we don't lose News Net, I've been used to having it for a long time
Would you be able to put in a sort setting for alphabetical order of the menus and series and shows.  I find it makes it so much quicker to find things.
Thanks for your work on this addon, really happy to have it as CTV and Global are scamming folks by not letting people stream without having a "cable" subscription even though you can get them OTA.
(2021-09-20, 00:35)barney63 Wrote:
(2021-09-19, 21:25)micahg Wrote: In my personal repo I've updated to support the new Gem V2 API -- just put it up so let me know (github please) if you run into any issues.  I'll check back in a few days and when I get a chance I'll put a PR into the main kodi addon repo.

Checking it out now, seems to be working well.  I hope we don't lose News Net, I've been used to having it for a long time
Would you be able to put in a sort setting for alphabetical order of the menus and series and shows.  I find it makes it so much quicker to find things.
Thanks for your work on this addon, really happy to have it as CTV and Global are scamming folks by not letting people stream without having a "cable" subscription even though you can get them OTA.

Its a total scam -- like why even give them a special class of license if they're only going to serve the major cities!  Write your MP and the CRTC -- I do regularly (they're sick of me).

Regarding the sort, I thought it was alphabetical. Can you grab a screen of the bit that isn't sorted?
(2021-09-20, 01:41)micahg Wrote: Its a total scam -- like why even give them a special class of license if they're only going to serve the major cities!  Write your MP and the CRTC -- I do regularly (they're sick of me).  Regarding the sort, I thought it was alphabetical. Can you grab a screen of the bit that isn't sorted?
I recall going to the CRTC website to see if I could find a reason on how they could get away with it. I think I had seen the reason, at the time, and it seemed totally lame.  If they both have apps is it possible to strip the stream urls from that?  There were some urls that have just recently died but I think they may have been from a dodgy source, I am not sure.  I would think it would be a definite gray area seeing they can be retrieved OTA.  It would just be nice to not have to involve the antenna setup.

I can't really post a screenshot with my setup but the first screen's menus are in this order top to bottom: Featured, Shows, Documentaries, Kids, Live Channels

Under the Featured-Live TV menu none of the links seem to be working, I'm getting an error.  They work ok under the Live Channels menu though
Was able to do a screenshot of the menu order not being alphabetic
Yeah,

That structure is based on the GEM layout/api. They have "shelves" and then in some cases (like for shows) they have categories. I was going to preserve that order.
(2021-09-20, 13:57)micahg Wrote: Yeah,

That structure is based on the GEM layout/api. They have "shelves" and then in some cases (like for shows) they have categories. I was going to preserve that order.

I can certainly learn to use the new layout however, I would really like to see the Search feature implemented. 

Thanks.
Yeah, submit a PR anytime you like!
(2021-09-20, 03:27)barney63 Wrote: Was able to do a screenshot of the menu order not being alphabetic

Mine looks totally different than yours? Im running Matrix, and its sorted alphabetical.

• 23(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
CBC TV (Canadian Broadcasting Corporation)1