• 24(current)
Release CBC TV (Canadian Broadcasting Corporation)
@micahg
Getting a Check the Log error
Shows/Sports/Goalie
When you click on Goalie it goes to a Film (not Films) directory and when you click on Film you get the "Check the Log" error

The same thing happens with
Shows/Sports/Race

Is there something going on with this "Film" directory

Also when in Shows/Sports the results are not in any kind of order which makes things hard to find, were you looking at putting an alphabetical order switch in the settings

Thanks
Well clearly my testing was insufficient. I didn't even realize there were movies. I'll fix that -- sorry.
(2021-10-04, 14:30)micahg Wrote: Well clearly my testing was insufficient. I didn't even realize there were movies. I'll fix that -- sorry.
I hope the fix will be as easy as that.  I figured CBC did something goofy to their structure that might make it more difficult to scrape.  I don't know anything about it so I better not say anything.  I had watched both movies before at the site and was surprised they wouldn't play.  Their new structure makes things much more difficult to find which is why I was asking about the alphabetizing.

Thanks for looking at this, it's much appreciated, because CBC is such a good site for lots of free content in all categories.
Actually I just noticed the movies I noted above (Goalie and Race) are also in the Films directory
Shows/Films/Goalie/Film

Everything I've tested in the Shows/Films directory then goes to Film and when you click on Film you get the Check the Log Error

Found another few
Shows/Music/Blue Note Records
When you click on Blue Note Records it goes to the Film Directory and when you click on that you get the Check the Log Error

Shows/Comedy/Another Kind of Wedding
When you click on Another Kind of Wedding it goes to the Film Directory and when you click on that you get the Check the Log Error

It seems whatever is in the Film directory doesn't work.  Is it supposed to be named Films instead of Film?
Hi @barney63 -- 4.0.12 in my personal repo has the fixes for both of your grievances Wink

If you're able please give it a try, otherwise, I'll push to the main repo on the weekend or some time soon.
@micahg

Hi, Thanks for quick response.  Updated the addon from here:  plugin.video.cbc-4.0.12+matrix.1.zip

Addon seems to install ok but I am getting the Check the Log error on startup and addon will not run

Log file
Win 7 Kodi 19.1
Is it a problem with cookies, cookie file missing?
Tried a fresh install on another machine with same result
For some reason when I try to install the previous version (plugin.video.cbc-4.0.11+matrix.1.zip or from Kodi repo)  it acts the same as the latest addon 4.0.12 (it will not run)
Hey everyone,

I'm aware of the issues -- looks like they pulled the old auth API -- I'll fix it.
Hello,

Emails seem to have stopped working for me again here but anyway, 4.0.13 is up in my personal repo -- I'll merge it (along with the movies fix) soon.
4.0.13 has been merged into the official kodi repo here: https://github.com/xbmc/repo-plugins/pull/3750.

Please let me know if authentication is still broken for you -- I noticed that there are services that I'm not entitled to (i'm not premium and can't watch season 8 of call the midwife for example).
Downloaded from Kodi Repo.  Seems to be working ok for me (Kodi 19.2 Win 7)

Thanks a lot
Thanks for confirming.
(2021-10-10, 16:35)micahg Wrote: 4.0.13 has been merged into the official kodi repo here: https://github.com/xbmc/repo-plugins/pull/3750.

Please let me know if authentication is still broken for you -- I noticed that there are services that I'm not entitled to (i'm not premium and can't watch season 8 of call the midwife for example).

Unfortunately mines not working , live TV works but shows don't. Gives me an error and to check kodi logs.
Are you signed in to your GEM account and using 4.0.13 Matrix
Version 4.0.13+matrix.1 is working for me (thank you micahg).  You might use a web browser and then try logging into the Gem web site with your account credentials to test if these work or not.

One minor issue I've noted is that the watched status of shows does not seem to be tracked any more -- at least on my system.
  • 24(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
CBC TV (Canadian Broadcasting Corporation)1