NextPVR Addon Crashes Kodi When Loading Channels From Client
I assume you mean in NPVR.   I've been there and there is only one group - ATSC Channels.
(2018-08-12, 20:53)tpflum Wrote: I assume you mean in NPVR.   I've been there and there is only one group - ATSC Channels.
 Yes, I mean in NextPVR.

It's likely you've had these groups in the recent past, and they haven't been cleaned up. Try installing this patch, then deleting your IPTV device again (even if it has no channels now):
https://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.ph...-incorrect
I think you are correct - I did have these groups at one time.  OK, what sequence do I use to install the patch.  I have uninstalled Kodi and NPVR and ran CCleaner to clean up any register entries left behind.
Run the 'Stop NPVR Service' shortcut, replace the existing "c:\program files (x86)\npvr\nextpvr.exe" with the new one, then run the 'Start NPVR Service' shortcut.
I've already un-installed NPVR so no service is running. I need to re-install both NPVR and Kodi - what order - does it make a difference?   Then where is this new nextpvr.exe?  Are these files part of your zip file?  I clicked on the zip link.  There appears to be only one file NextPVR.  Is this the new nextpvr.exe?  If I click on it, it looks like something is loading but there is no dialog and it only lasts for a few seconds.
It's an updated nextpvr.exe, newer than the one in the installer. As mentioned in my post above, replace the existing "c:\program files (x86)\npvr\nextpvr.exe" with this newer one. 

It doesn't matter whether you've installed Kodi or NextPVR first. You can't enable the NextPVR addon in Kodi until you have NextPVR setup though (so it has channels to download etc).
The other easy way to fix your problem, without installing the patch, is run that 'Stop NPVR Service' shortcut, delete the c:\users\public\npvr\npvr.db3 file (which contains the list of channels and groups etc), then run the 'Start NPVR Service', then start NextPVR and setup your channels again.

(uninstalling and reinstalling wouldn't have deleted this file, so your channels and groups would still be present)
I deleted the db3 file, reinstalled Kodi and NPVR and so far it works!  I still have a lot of other setup to do but finally I'm over the hump of getting Kodi to run.  I'll be back if I run into more problems I can't solve.
Thanks,
Tony
Thanks, What shall I name the thread on npvr fourms. I should be able to attach the logs over the weekend

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NextPVR Addon Crashes Kodi When Loading Channels From Client0