v17 Update Kodi Database
I have two instances of Kodi running on a windows and linux machine with their database shared on a mysql instance.
What I am trying to do is to be able to update the Mysql database without having to start any of the kodi instance. Is there a query that I can run outside kodi so that the databases are updated?
All your Kodi clients/instances should run the same major version of Kodi, otherwise you will have two or more different databases.

I'm not quite sure what you mean with updating the databases manually. What updates are you planning to do?

You can of course run any query from your favorite MySQL client with the use of Kodi. The challenge is: do you know all exact queries necessary for updating your database tables?
Klojum yes i have the exact same version i know that limitation. I need to update the video database and the music database like Kodi is scanning the content.
Like you said I need these queries in order to do that. It is these queries that I do not know except if there is another way to update the database with the Kodi instances not running.
The database needs to be updated by the scraper running within Kodi. What you are requesting looks like a headless Kodi.
I think all righthtinking people in this country are sick and tired of being told that ordinary, decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired.
Just to confirm: you want to be able to achieve the same db changes as if Kodi has run and scanned/scraped your media files, but without running Kodi?

This is not possible because it is not just about some SQL queries. For example when populating the music library Kodi reads the metadata tags embedded in music files, processes them to identify artist, albums and songs, and then modifies the db. It then optionally requests additional artist and album information from online sources, which it interprts and adds to the db.

Why do you not want to run Kodi on one of your platforms to do this?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Update Kodi Database0