Solved - file test mpeg2 s/w dec corrupted.
I think I am 4.5 anyway, but trying lower numbers makes no difference.

The simplifycfg-sink-common message is "normal" and harmeless.

andy [kodi-build]$ export MESA_GL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=4.5
andy [kodi-build]$ export LIBGL_DEBUG=verbose
andy [kodi-build]$ export MESA_DEBUG=1
andy [kodi-build]$ ./kodi-x11 ~/mobl_040.m2v
libGL: Can't open configuration file /home/andy/.drirc: No such file or directory.
libGL: Can't open configuration file /home/andy/.drirc: No such file or directory.
/usr/share/libdrm/amdgpu.ids version: 1.0.0
libGL: pci id for fd 19: 1002:6939, driver radeonsi
libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib/dri/tls/radeonsi_dri.so
libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib/dri/radeonsi_dri.so
/usr/share/libdrm/amdgpu.ids version: 1.0.0
mesa: for the -simplifycfg-sink-common option: may only occur zero or one times!
libGL: Using DRI3 for screen 0
Mesa: User error: GL_INVALID_OPERATION in unsupported function called (unsupported extension or deprecated function?)
Mesa: 33 similar GL_INVALID_OPERATION errors
Mesa: User error: GL_INVALID_OPERATION in glUnmapBuffer(buffer is not mapped)
Mesa: 17 similar GL_INVALID_OPERATION errors
Mesa: User error: GL_INVALID_OPERATION in unsupported function called (unsupported extension or deprecated function?)
Mesa: 21 similar GL_INVALID_OPERATION errors
Mesa: User error: GL_INVALID_OPERATION in glUnmapBuffer(buffer is not mapped)
function is no-op
function is no-op
function is no-op
function is no-op
function is no-op
function is no-op
function is no-op
function is no-op
Can you pin it down to the relevant call? Start with your Debug Log, check which shader is in use and so on and so forth - alternatively: Send us your hardware :-)

Especially the "unsupported function called" is very interesting. If you are using some "self baked system" make sure you properly built with float texture support.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Going to be AFK for a while soon.

I rebuilt on the last working commit and I see the same errors, so I don't think they say anything about this issue.

I do build mesa with --enable-texture-float
Okay, can you force the OpenGL compatibility level to 2.1 via Override - does that change anything? 3.1? 4.0? 4.2?
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Trying other gl levels didn't help this issue.
A quick look at the debug log didn't have much detail about shaders.
I managed to reproduce with a non mpeg2 file.
It seems that saturated colours and a rec. 601 type conversion is needed. A 100% bars in SD will be almost all black, but with HD, what the filename suggests is 100% levels, are OK - maybe kodi assumes Rec.709 for those based on size?
Above is just guess work really, I'll try and make some more tests as time permits.
Here's a debug log -

https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/FZ3v34nD2g
If that's the case I would have no idea why it works for me? Same codepath? 

@FernetMenta do you have an idea?
What I see here:
Quote:21:07:02.651 T:140439062886400 ERROR: CShader::InsertSource - failed to open file gl_tonemap.glsl

Did you run make install properly?
If you run current Kodi master and do not get OpenGL core profile 3.2, you built mesa incorrectly. Did you enable float textures? "--enable-texture-float"
A team member has an AMD system and does observe the same issue. Investigating ....
Great, I like it when it's not just me :-)

On make install - do I really need to with kodi?
I normally run latest things from their own tree, sometimes with an older/release installed, can't say I had issues with this but then I don't know kodi that well.

Anyway I removed everything kodi under /usr and did a make install - the shader is there under /usr/local/share, but I still get the ERROR.

On float textures - not much would work for me game/demo wise without them.
I built mesa without them to see the diff in versions - here's glxinfo profiles without then with.

glxinfo | grep "profile version"
    Max core profile version: 0.0
    Max compat profile version: 2.1
    Max GLES1 profile version: 1.1
    Max GLES[23] profile version: 2.0
OpenGL ES profile version string: OpenGL ES 2.0 Mesa 18.1.0-devel (git-ff5432dc50)

glxinfo | grep "profile version"
    Max core profile version: 4.5
    Max compat profile version: 3.0
    Max GLES1 profile version: 1.1
    Max GLES[23] profile version: 3.1
OpenGL core profile version string: 4.5 (Core Profile) Mesa 18.1.0-devel (git-ff5432dc50)
OpenGL ES profile version string: OpenGL ES 3.1 Mesa 18.1.0-devel (git-ff5432dc50)
Can you try: https://pastebin.com/ii28nWFa

make sure to do make install :-) so that the new file is actually used.
OK make install it is :-)

Didn't fix though - confirmed with grep -r clamp /usr/local/share/kodi/ that changes were there - deleted ~/.cache/mesa_shader_cache/  just in case that was interfering, but no luck.

Unrelated observation looking at the bad commit - 709 has gamma 2.2, IIRC I've seen some official doc that for graded 709 used 2.4 for converting to linear - but then reading various docs about gamma is somewhat confusing for me and it's just one source.
I'll say what it is when I remember.
(2018-02-17, 15:29)AndyFurniss Wrote: OK make install it is :-)

Didn't fix though - confirmed with grep -r clamp /usr/local/share/kodi/ that changes were there - deleted ~/.cache/mesa_shader_cache/  just in case that was interfering, but no luck.

Unrelated observation looking at the bad commit - 709 has gamma 2.2, IIRC I've seen some official doc that for graded 709 used 2.4 for converting to linear - but then reading various docs about gamma is somewhat confusing for me and it's just one source.
I'll say what it is when I remember.
 Worked for our team member.
For the gamma part: https://www.image-engineering.de/library...09-vs-srgb
Yea, I remember reading that as well as too many other contradictory things during a long thread on mpv github  some time ago - never did know the answer as such - but that source only refers to camera source = should use 2.0.
kodi is going to be dealing with 709 graded on a bt.1886 2.4 studio monitor. I could dig up sources that say it's 2.4 after that. Some would also then argue about background light difference (IIRC it's really low in bt.1886) countering that.
Added confusion if the displays you use fake different EOTF gamma ie. TV = 2.4, srgb monitor = 2.2. I can see the difference between my TV and monitor.
Monitor is lighter and mpvs --target-trc=srgb makes 709 HD broadcast stuff look more like it does on the TV - but then neither are "set up" properly - it may just be me.

I found where I read 2.4 for graded and 2.0 for raw camera, it is about converting to 2020 though and works on normalised RGB -

Recommendation ITU-R BT.2087-0 (10/2015)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Solved - file test mpeg2 s/w dec corrupted.0