Kodi and Openelec, working great, new question
Right, update
Yes, I did a factory reset, and its now running great, however the reason for using the Estuary mod version was the ability to edit the menu links.  Standard Estuary does not seem to work as welll as the mod version.

Im trying to link the movies menu link directly to a simple folder path, but even following thr nodes editor wiki does not work.

Is it possible to point the movies menu link to a single folder (so when movies is pressed it opens a folder view only)
I had this in the mod version of Estuary but if this is causing my issue then I cannot use it

Currently I have no mods at all, clean system and thats it.
Interesting, the modded skin I need to use is well discussed in this forum, suggesting its not banned?
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=267343&page=2
ok, generally I don't like it to repeat myself multiple times...but, here we go

I already said, that you have to follow the link from that posting in this thread: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2704800

to see, what we do NOT support in here. That list is not complete because new repos grow from the dust every day.

I also explained a rule of thumb to think about if you find some service which is not mentioned at this list. Read back if you didn't understand.

Nobody said, that the skin is banned. If something has a support-thread at this forum, it's not banned as long as you take the version from the thread. Note: If you grab an add-on from a banned repo which also has a support-thread in this forum here, it's NOT!!!!! the same version! You have to understand open-source and its problems. Every code which exists could be taken and modified as long as you follow its license (and if the license allows it). So ppl are grabbing code written by others, modify it in a bit and providing that in their (probably banned) repo. Generally it's not a problem, as long as you are able to read and understand what they have modified and why.

Let's take said skin as an example....

You find a version of that skin in this forum, and install that via zip = 100% ok

You install a repository which contains the same skin, but the repo is on the banned list = 0% ok

So, in your case, if you install that skin, there's no problem at all. If that skin causes high cpu usage, it's a problem of the skin and you have to report at the specific support-thread because it's not a Kodi problem in the end. It's skin problem then. That's the reason we recommend to use the standard Estuary skin (which we ship by default) if you are facing problems. If Kodi has high CPU usage (for example) or is causing any other problem without any other 3rd party add-on installed, then we have a "Kodi"-problem and we will take care of that. If any other add-on might be involved in your installation, that might be the cause of that problem (might be shown in the log), we will either tell you to deinstall that add-on or report to the specific add-on support-thread. The recommendation to deinstall an add-on which might cause problems is not because it's banned. It's more that the add-on dev, who has written the add-on should take care and it's not about us to modify Kodi that his add-on works in a way the add-on dev expects it.

To make a long story short and as already said...if you install an add-on via zip-file which has a support thread in our forum it's fine to use, and if you have problems with it, you have to report at the add-on dev.

If you install an add-on from a banned repo (or the add-on itself is on the banned list), then we decide to not support you.

As you said:
(2018-02-18, 00:42)spottedhaggis Wrote: Yes, I did a factory reset, and its now running great,
you did the factory reset and using the complete standard Kodi as we ship it. Feel free, to install whatever you want. We won't stop you. But as you now know, that you have installed something before, which causes problems, you should be carefull what you install now. My recommendation would be:

- install one add-on
- check if everything works ok
- install the next add-on
- check again
- install the next add-on

and so on.

So you are able to strip down which add-on was causing your problem. And if you found it, check if it's on the banned list, if not, check if it has a support thread at our forums and report to that thread what problems it causes on your system

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi and Openelec, working great, new question0