Cannot create movie playlist from HDD
Hi everyone

I come here hoping, begging, for help. Please forgive my abject inability to understand even the most techno speak.

I have the newest version of Kodi on Android; a Nivida Shield.

I have a 3TB HDD hooked up to this.

Previously, I went through the various options and managed to work out how to make Kodi work as I wanted. Basically when I went down to "movies" then it brought up the various thumbnails etc. The same for TV shows.

I recently uninstalled Kodi as it was bloated with apps and restarted with a clean version.

I managed to sort out the TV shows, so they show in the "TV show" section as thumbnails. But try as I might, I cannot get the movies to show up.  I can access these through the options to watch them so Kodi can see the HDD and the folders. But the options to create thumbnails (I forget what it is called) are absent. When I go through the options, the HDD is not there as an external drive. I don't get why it worked for TV but not for movies?

I have waited for up to an hour having read somewhere the Shield can sometimes be a bit clumsy on external drives.  It made no difference.

I know you'll want to know the format of the HDD, which I cannot recall but as I say it worked perfectly until I uninstalled Kodi, and works perfectly for TV shows....so surely the format of the HDD isn't the problem?

It must be me but I cannot figure this out, and I'm reaching the stage when I'm going to put my face into a fire.

I've googled but no one seems to have the same part-working issue.

Any and all help would be gratefully received.

Many thanks in advance.
Odd, I saw a reply and then it was gone...like Keyser Soze...
I think I've figured it via this:

=-1Note: For Android users with devices running Android 7 & up (possibly Android 6) and attached storage, do not select ADD VIDEOS as attached storage will not display in the Browse for new shares list. Instead, select the storage which should display in FILES, or navigate to the folder you wish to add on the storage, then press C on a keyboard or long press the Enter/OK button on a remote to pull up the Context Menu and select SET CONTENT. Skip to Step 7

Hopefully it's sorted.

Thanks for the reply that came and went Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cannot create movie playlist from HDD0