Display resolution and refresh rate setting greyed out
I run Kodi on S905 - S905X and S912 boxes. The S905 runs A 5.1, the S905X A 7.1.2 and the S912 A 6.0.1, all 32 bit.

All boxes run the same version Kodi 17.6 and have my personal build with Xonfluence skin installed.

On the S912 box I can select in Kodi System/display the resolution, though only 1080p is available, as well as the refresh rate and all refresh rates can be selected.

On the S905 and S905X boxes those settings are greyed out and set at 1080p 60hz.

I can in the box setting change the resolution to 1080p 50hz, and when enable debug logging I can see the stream will be at anything between 33 and 51 Fps and fluctuating, depending on the box.

When enable 50Hz in the S912 box the stream will be 50 Fps.

My electrical system is 50Hz.

In the S905 and S905X box, when i select 1080p 50Hz in the Android settings, my CPU-Kodi load will be about 20% lower, thereby generating less heat.

In the S912 box I don't see any significant difference in CPU-Kodi load, but it is around 70% regardless of 50 or 60Hz, while with the other 2 boxes it drops to less then 50% when set at 50Hz.

My main question is why the setting is greyed out with the S905 and S905X boxes.
Possibly they are not capable of changing resolution in Kodi.

Change your resolution etc in Android settings.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Yes as @nickr said the box is Not capable of Android Kodi Krypton auto Dynamic Refresh switching.

You can try installing SPMC 16.7.3 from the Playstore and see if you can get Amcodec Hardware acceleration to work. You may be able to auto refresh switch if the boxes are running with correct write permissions (chmod 0666) for:

Code:
/sys/class/display/mode

Failing that simply use LibreELEC Kodi Krypton on AML S9xx boxes where everything works, and you can even dual boot to internal Android.

(2018-02-19, 07:35)nickr Wrote: Possibly they are not capable of changing resolution in Kodi.

Change your resolution etc in Android settings.
 That's how i do it usually, as i thought the greyed out section was default, but now with the S912 box I saw it was possible to select.

Also when setting the resolution to 50Hz in Android, fast scrolling through app menus is a bit erratic.

I had hoped that there would be a solution by advanced settings file or maybe change a setting in some xml file, since you guys don't mention I assume it isn't an option then.
I have my boxes android output at 4k 30 fps and my tv is the same. I select a 4k movie from real debrid and it looks great. But the kodi settings are still greyed out. Now my tv automatically picks up when I change the android box settings but kodi is always at 1080.... What should I do?
Ive noticed this on my Odroid C2 running LibreElec.  In the past ive been able to select resolution and refresh rate but today they are greyed out. I don't know what may have changed as the box, install, and screen are all the same as before.
Same problem. My android box runs on 1080p50, but Kodi starts at 1080p60 and its not possible to change, so all videos freeze.

(2018-02-19, 07:30)basjke Wrote: I run Kodi on S905 - S905X and S912 boxes. The S905 runs A 5.1, the S905X A 7.1.2 and the S912 A 6.0.1, all 32 bit.

All boxes run the same version Kodi 17.6 and have my personal build with Xonfluence skin installed.

On the S912 box I can select in Kodi System/display the resolution, though only 1080p is available, as well as the refresh rate and all refresh rates can be selected.

On the S905 and S905X boxes those settings are greyed out and set at 1080p 60hz.

I can in the box setting change the resolution to 1080p 50hz, and when enable debug logging I can see the stream will be at anything between 33 and 51 Fps and fluctuating, depending on the box.

When enable 50Hz in the S912 box the stream will be 50 Fps.

My electrical system is 50Hz.

In the S905 and S905X box, when i select 1080p 50Hz in the Android settings, my CPU-Kodi load will be about 20% lower, thereby generating less heat.

In the S912 box I don't see any significant difference in CPU-Kodi load, but it is around 70% regardless of 50 or 60Hz, while with the other 2 boxes it drops to less then 50% when set at 50Hz.

My main question is why the setting is greyed out with the S905 and S905X boxes.
Complain with your box vendor to properly support ModeSetting API.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2019-10-27, 13:58)martinD Wrote: Same problem. My android box runs on 1080p50, but Kodi starts at 1080p60 and its not possible to change, so all videos freeze.

If its an AMLogic chipset box this now works well for Android --->>>> https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2891405 for auto Frame Rate Matching.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Display resolution and refresh rate setting greyed out0