new remote control behavior
I am not new to Kodi.  I understand the new overlay system for kernel decoding of remote controls.

On LibreELEC with Kodi 17.6 on my RPi 1B I have no complaints with the remote controls; both a VRC-1100 USB remote and GPIO IR receiver using a Hauppauge 45 button.

On Kodi 17.6 on Rasbian full on RPi 3B the Hauppauge remote work for some keys,  OK and Back send signals to Linux, but Kodi does not see any signal volume down does not work.  The VRC-1100 works mostly except the volume down key, that can be fixed with Keymap Editor addon.

I have compared, and even copied, remote.xml, keyboard.xml, Lircmap.xml and hauppauge profile from the LibreELEC system to the Rasbian system with no luck.  This leads me to believe there is something that is different in the 2 Kodi software packages.

Does anybody have a solution?
You have to install inputlirc or lircd (in devinput mode) to get all buttons working. Or change the keymap of the gpio remote (eg use KEY_ENTER instead of KEY_OK).

so long,

Hias
This is after I did all of that per our other discussion on RaspberryPi forum GPIO IR remote.  The key presses just never get to Kodi.

Tried Kodi 17.6 from the Raspbian repo and from DietPi.  They do work with no problem on Kodi 17.6 on LibreELEC; I only had to modify /etc/rc_maps.cfg and load gpio-ir and everything worked.

It seems to be some difference between LE and Raspbian or the Kodi 17.6 builds used.

Evtest and ir-keytable both say the scancodes and names are the same as the hauppauge profile.  I copied Lircmap.xml from LE to Raspian, worked in LE not Raspbian.

Strange that the volume down does not work on the USB remote without help fro Keymap Editor on Raspbian.

Should I be modifying the devinput or the linux input layer in Lircmap.xml?
Have you verified that inputlirc is properly configured and that you can see LIRC events on the lirc socket?

lirc remotes are matched on remote name in Kodi and it doesn't make much difference if you use the devinput or linux-input-layer blocks as starting points.

To find out what's exactly going on in Kodi and which additional KEY_... entries you might have to add to Lircmap.xml enable debug logging in Kodi and watch kodi.log for lines containing "lirc". If you see lines with "Keyboard:" that means button presses hit kodi as linux input events, not the lirc events, and inputlirc isn't properly configured.

so long,

Hias
kodi log is reading key_ok and key_exit

16:55:35.284 T:1911193600   DEBUG: LIRC: Update - NEW at 621121:160 0 KEY_OK /dev/input/myremote (KEY_OK)
16:55:37.862 T:1911193600   DEBUG: LIRC: Update - NEW at 623699:ae 0 KEY_EXIT /dev/input/myremote (KEY_EXIT)
16:55:38.745 T:1911193600   DEBUG: LIRC: Update - NEW at 624582:8b 0 KEY_MENU /dev/input/myremote (KEY_MENU)

The USB remote is showing as keyboard events like it should, but the volumedown

17:01:51.225 T:1911193600   DEBUG: Keyboard: scancode: 0x72, sym: 0x0127, unicode: 0x0000, modifier: 0x0
17:01:51.226 T:1911193600   DEBUG: OnKey: f14 (0xf09d) pressed, screen saver/dpms woken up

Strangely enough, none of the keys on the hauppauge are making Kodi react now, I think I got an update to Raspbian last night.

Excerpt from Lircmap.xml:

<remote device="devinput">
    <altname>myremote</altname>
    <altname>hauppauge</altname
    <back>KEY_EXIT</back>
    <select>KEY_OK</select>

I will be going back and redoing the set up again.

Thanks for helping.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
new remote control behavior0