Remove special episode from season
Currently the special episodes in "Season 0" are not only placed in the "Special" folder, but also in the "Season X" folder, is there any way to only put these special episodes in the "Special" folder, without in the "Season X" folder? I tried to remove them from "Season X" folder, but they are also removed from the "Special" folder.
Hello xodi,

When using TheTVDB scraper, it is expected behaviour that many Special episodes will appear listed in regular seasons in addition to the Specials season. Many of those Special episodes fit into the main storyline of the show and are placed in the most appropriate place for viewing. But not all Special episodes work this way, as many are just stand alone storylines which is why this does not affect all Specials.

The information for the additional listing comes from TVDB and you can easily see it as shown in the images. The first image is from the old TVDB site, the second image is from the new site...

ImageImage

There is no Kodi setting that will enable you to change this behaviour. To modify your listing, the following two options are available.

Option 1
One way to remove this second listing is to
  1. Export (wiki) your library to Separate Files,
  2. Locate the nfo files for the special episodes you want to change
  3. Remove these two tags:
    xml:
    <displayepisode></displayepisode>
    <displayseason></displayseason>
  4. Save and then Refresh the episodes back into the library.
Once that is done, your Special episodes will only show in the Specials listing.

Option 2
Another option is to not use the TVDB scraper. Instead change to TheMovieDB scraper for TV Shows. TheMovieDB does not use this method of sorting Specials into regular seasons. If you prefer this method, confirm the Special episodes are in the correct order. Episode numbering of Specials may differ between the two sites.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Thanks! I'll try the NFO way.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Remove special episode from season0