v18 Are there any plans to bump the minimum supported Android version and if so, which?
The thread titles says it all. So... are there any plans to bump the minimum supported Android version and if so, which?
Bump means in increasing for us. Why would this be interesting if i may ask?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
I guess because s/he doesn't want to invest in a device that has an android version with a short Kodi lifespan.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
there are no plans as of yet to drop the support for Android 5. But if you're asking because you'd like to buy a new device, it is ofc advised to pick the most recent Android version you can get, especially on cheap Android boxes which in 99% won't ever get an Android upgrade.
Its not only about "cheap android boxes" keep in mind that smartphones also run android and I use miracast to watch everything on a screen. If the manufacturer is not releasing a firmware update and my phone is very usable and I am pleased with it, why should I buy an entirely new phone?

But since you 're keeping Lollipop support, this is a good thing, perhaps users who 're still running KitKat can actually find a second hand "cheap android box" to put Kodi 17+ in it.

In the same time its fascinating to have these new game capabilities Kodi 18 offers.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Are there any plans to bump the minimum supported Android version and if so, which?0