Adding Video Libary Problem
Hey guys i've just brought a Pi 3 to put osmc kodi but when i went to add shares my nas didn't show up in the smb tab. So i added it manually via my nas ip address, it showed up and i added my movies but when it scanned in the files it keeps scanning the files in over and over so i end up having loads of the same movie in my library. whats wrong?
The reason that you might not see the NAS at the SMB tab might be due to the fact that network browsing of SMB shares was a SMB1 feature, which is not supported by SMB2. Probably (and that´s a guess as I don´t use OSMC), OSMC uses SMB2 by default because SMB1 is highly vulnerable. Therefore, if your NAS is already set to support SMB2/3, I wouldn´t change that (if possbile at all at your NAS) and use to what it is set to.

(2018-02-28, 12:06)voyagerxp Wrote: but when it scanned in the files it keeps scanning the files in over and over

That´s the first time I ever heard about that kind of issue. Are you sure, that you don´t have multiple sources which are pointing to the same share? Please check your sources.xml and see if there are some strange entries.

Do I get that right? Kodi doesn´t stop scanning and if you won´t probably stop the scan manually you will end up with millions of movies in your DB? That would be really new. Wink
yes if i don't cancel scanning it keeps adding the same move. soon as it get to from A-Z it scans the movies in again. This has never happened to me on pc based kodi installs. I've even done a fresh install and this still happens.
could you please try to grab a logfile?
Sorry for the late reply, i've been working. I'll try get a log later, i've noticed my problem only happens when i click scan recursively when scanning in files. I have a folder called movies and in that are 2 folders, one called single movies and the other movie boxsets . all my movies are also in folders that are named the same as the movie files. If i unclick scan recursively and scan in media i don't get the multiple titles but it doesn't see my boxsets.
Sounds like you need to add the two folders as separate sources and your issue will be solved.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Adding Video Libary Problem0