Mirror Screen Problem
Can anyone help please.
Everything's working well, except. When I extend the picture to my TV via Laptop (project function) after a moment I sometimes get a Driver Power State Failure on the screen and the system reboots. This invariable occurs when I have extended the screen to the TV and close the lid of the laptop. I have already configured the laptop to "DO Nothing" when the lid is closed but to no avail.
I am considering changing the video drivers fro the Microsoft default ones to the dedicated NVidea ones but am a bit apprehensive about it.
Any ideas why this happens?
If there is hardware specific drivers for your set-up, by all means load them in. I'm not sure that loading in new drivers will fix your issue, this might be either an o/s operatioal function of the hardware or just an overloaded graphic engine. If the graphic engine uses shared memory, allocate a bit more. Instead of using extended windows, try projector only and see if that makes any difference.

" sometimes get a Driver Power State Failure " sometimes NOT? It's that indeterminate 'sometimes' that is the hardest to track. A proper debug log might offer a hint (look in my sig for a link to that).
I don't like to speak too soon, but. I think I may have found the answer. It may be as simple as always running the Laptop (second screen option)  - TV and closing laptop lid and always have the laptop on mains power. So far I've had no BSOD - fingers crossed.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mirror Screen Problem0