• 3(current)
v18 Rar Archive Support
To get RAR to work over FTP i need to disable both "Archive support" and "SFTP support". It will only work if i have "RAR archive support" enabled. Tested on Windows 8.1 and LibreELEC 9.
(2019-02-02, 15:33)Klojum Wrote:
(2019-02-02, 15:23)nevernow Wrote: I have to wonder why this had to be done.
See it as a building bucket. Not everyone with Kodi uses RAR'd content (which is ludicrous anyway unless you're a newsgroup fanboy), add-ons are also easier to fix and upgrade instead of one big application blob, and the main Kodi application becomes leaner. 
Has noting to do with newsgroups, the most warez releases come via ftp and rared because of the autotraders and stuff Wink not every idiot uses newsgroups and p2p/torrent stuff...
After updating to Kodi 18.1 (via Libreelec 9.0.1), both VFS add-ons supporting RAR archives were uninstalled. As of now, it looks like the "RAR" add-on shouldn't be used, in favor of the "Archive" one.

What seems to be broken for me right now is stacking RAR'd movies, as in

Code:

[DIR] movietitle
   movietitle.cd1.rar
   movietitle.cd1.r00
   movietitle.cd1.r01
   movietitle.cd2.rar
   movietitle.cd2.r00
   movietitle.cd2.r01

I do not get duplicates: the movie is completely ignored. However, stacking and RAR support seem to individually work, just not together. It might be an issue of recursion, because with stacking and RAR VFS the tree looks like:

Code:

DIRECTORY
   RAR ARCHIVE FOR CD1
      ACTUAL VIDEO FILE FOR CD1
   RAR ARCHIVE FOR CD2
      ACTUAL VIDEO FILE FOR CD2

For what it's worth, I do have "Scan Recursively" enabled in my scraper. And of course "Movies are in separate folders..." is also enabled.

An excerpt from the debug log can be found here. Any idea on how to make things work is welcome. Also, was the removal of VFS add-ons during the upgrade intentional or accidental? Thanks in advance.
(2019-03-10, 21:47)nevernow Wrote: broken for me right now is stacking RAR'd movies

Known issue, patience.
hmm? no that is not known.
(2019-03-11, 15:32)spiff Wrote: hmm? no that is not known.
 I've been reading around the forums and the bug tracker, might it be a matter of incompatibility between RAR VFS and libarchive VFS?
Before Leia I was happiliy using Kodi's builtin RAR support; with 9.0.0 I found out the hard way that it was spun off to an add-on. I then realized that RAR VFS would work, while libarchive didn't seem to, so I rebuilt most of my library with RAR VFS. Upgrading to 9.0.1, both add-ons were uninstalled (why?) and RAR VFS doesn't seem to do the job anymore. libarchive VFS does, with the exception I mentioned (stacking RARs). I posted an excerpt of my debug log in my previous post, but let me know if can be of any help in any way.

I am grateful for your work on this (and all the work that goes into Kodi), but wasn't this move a bit rushed? RAR support, albeit through hacky, old code, was a stable, consolidated feature which disappeared without a warning with Leia and (for me at least) was broken again by a minor version update.
The vfs refactoring has nothing to do with stacking. There is nothing rar specific involved. If it broke, it is core breakage caused by other changes. There are very few of the original devs left and somebody probably introduced a regression due to not having full overview of the code they changed. I will look into it.
Thanks for that. I thought of a connection between stacking and RAR because my problem seemed limited to stacked, RAR'd movies, which like I said are detected as a stack but not correctly scraped. Now a new stacked, RAR'd movie got scraped, but as CD1 only, not as a stack (I don't have a log for this, unfortunately). I am a bit puzzled but again, if you think I can be of any help, drop me a line.
everything works just fine for me, using both vfs.rar and vfs.libarchive.
i found a related issue with obtaining the movie name for stacks, which i have fixed in https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/15736
i'm sure you are seeing some issue but i cannot reproduce it and the issue is not what you think it to be.
"using both" not at the same time, right?

I see your fix was just committed just minutes ago, any way I can quickly test it?

Finally, I don't know what you think I think of my issue Smile, but I had stacked RAR'd movies working fine before Leia and again with Leia after enabling rar.vfs and rescanning the library. So whatever is causing my issue is either new to Kodi 18.1 or in the latest changes to the vfs add-ons. Does it make sense?
yes that makes sense. but it is not caused by the vfs add-ons. it is caused by other, generic, changes in kodi 18.x. f
ix has not been committed, it's a pull request. you can build the branch if you want to test it.
Thanks again. I am on Libreelec and I think for now I'll keep an eye on your patch in Milhouse's builds.
(2019-03-13, 10:13)spiff Wrote:  fix has not been committed, it's a pull request

Do you know whether/when it will be accepted? Or is there any reason not to?

EDIT: Looks like I just needed to ask! Smile Thanks again.
(2019-04-02, 22:23)nevernow Wrote:
(2019-03-13, 10:13)spiff Wrote:  fix has not been committed, it's a pull request

I have the same issue. Initially I upgraded from 17.6, when that went to he77 in a handbasket, I wiped Kodi install and roaming completely. My archived content worked just fine in 17.6.

Now I have a clean install of Leia, on Windows 8.1, runs fine. BUT, scraping the library is completely hit and miss with archives involved. Where archives are not involved it works flawlessly. I have scraping attempts of large content that has archives that will immediately crash Kodi. When I extract it and remove the archives, it scrapes fine.

When I play content that is in large archives, it immediately crashes, immediately. If the archive is smaller, it plays, and when I press "X" to stop, it immediately crashes.

If I extract the content - it plays without crashing.

I'd be happy to test this if you tell me what to enable for logging. I'll try a pull too.

Yes, I have vfs rar uninstalled. This is using ONLY the archive support.

Thanks
(2019-04-08, 06:52)noybman Wrote:
(2019-04-02, 22:23)nevernow Wrote:

I have the same issue. Initially I upgraded from 17.6, when that went to he77 in a handbasket, I wiped Kodi install and roaming completely. My archived content worked just fine in 17.6.

Now I have a clean install of Leia, on Windows 8.1, runs fine. BUT, scraping the library is completely hit and miss with archives involved. Where archives are not involved it works flawlessly. I have scraping attempts of large content that has archives that will immediately crash Kodi. When I extract it and remove the archives, it scrapes fine.

When I play content that is in large archives, it immediately crashes, immediately. If the archive is smaller, it plays, and when I press "X" to stop, it immediately crashes.

If I extract the content - it plays without crashing.

I'd be happy to test this if you tell me what to enable for logging. I'll try a pull too.

Yes, I have vfs rar uninstalled. This is using ONLY the archive support.

Thanks    

Tested with one title that has an ISO extracted in the folder as well as the rar's:
  1. Whole test was done with exclusive VFS:RAR or VFS:ARCHSUP (abbreviated names)
  2. Files accessed via File Manager Video Path since toggling of various VFS plugin would render title as NLA
  1. With VFS:RAR --> ISO plays and stops, no issues
  2. With VFS:RAR --> RAR does not play, system does not crash... can click repeatedly, no action occurs.  (Too big to upload whole doc, so I split it dumping the front portion, but the content up front is the same as others) iyevuxebih.kodi (paste)
  • Most common error.... [XFILE::CDirectoryFactory::Create - unsupported protocol(rar)] & [ERROR: CDVDDemuxFFmpeg::Open - error probing input format] & [ERROR: CVideoPlayer::OpenDemuxStream - Error creating demuxer]
  • I saved logs
  1. With VFS:ARCHSUP --> ISO plays, however upon pressing "X" it immediately crashes Kodi (no warings, errors logged), the stop was handled and threads are cleaning up   olozixazuh.kodi (paste)
  2. With VFS:ARCHSUP --> RAR immediately crashes Kodi  regardless of whether I press "P", use context menus, or mouse, it crashes. I see a [DEBUG: GOT ANNOUNCEMENT, type: 2, from xbmc, message OnAdd] event as one of the last entries. On one log I saw [ERROR: InputStream: Error opening, ....]     apodovuruw.kodi (paste)

I saved the log files and dumps.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Rar Archive Support1