Creating xml file from specific service
(2018-03-09, 08:10)nickr Wrote: Take a look at the xml file, the format is well enough documented.

Add, delete, amend what you like.

Save.

What am I adding or deleting?. I just want to update the existing channels on the list.
(2018-03-09, 20:54)nanmer Wrote:
(2018-03-09, 08:10)nickr Wrote: Take a look at the xml file, the format is well enough documented.

Save.

What am I adding or deleting?. I just want to update the existing channels on the list. 
 Without any details, I'm afraid everything is just guesswork. You haven't indicated who your provider is, nor which PVR backend you are using. You have only said that your provider gives you an M3U playlist file.

You indicated you want additional channel or guide information. Initial channel information comes from the M3U playlist, but further channel information and guide data is usually separately provided in an XMLTV formatted file. You've been directed to the XMLTV project's site where they maintain the DTD that defines the XMLTV format.

Perhaps if you were a bit more explicit about what it is you actually want to achieve, which software/PVR you are using, and included some snippets or examples of the data you receive from your provider, others may be able to actually help. However, at the moment, all anyone can do is offer guesses and suggestions about what you want and how to get the results you want ...
(2018-03-09, 22:04)rpcameron Wrote:
(2018-03-09, 20:54)nanmer Wrote:

Save.

Without any details, I'm afraid everything is just guesswork. You haven't indicated who your provider is, nor which PVR backend you are using. You have only said that your provider gives you an M3U playlist file.

You indicated you want additional channel or guide information. Initial channel information comes from the M3U playlist, but further channel information and guide data is usually separately provided in an XMLTV formatted file. You've been directed to the XMLTV project's site where they maintain the DTD that defines the XMLTV format.

Perhaps if you were a bit more explicit about what it is you actually want to achieve, which software/PVR you are using, and included some snippets or examples of the data you receive from your provider, others may be able to actually help. However, at the moment, all anyone can do is offer guesses and suggestions about what you want and how to get the results you want ...

Forget about it. Thank you for your time.
(2018-03-10, 06:15)nanmer Wrote:
(2018-03-09, 22:04)rpcameron Wrote:
(2018-03-09, 20:54)nanmer Wrote: What am I adding or deleting?. I just want to update the existing channels on the list.   

We're offering to help, and asking for some additional information. However, the rest of us can only go on the data you provide. All that we're asking for is that you put in a little effort and assist in your own support ...
Mods please delete post 20. Thank you.
(2018-03-10, 09:27)rpcameron Wrote:
(2018-03-10, 06:15)nanmer Wrote:
(2018-03-09, 22:04)rpcameron Wrote:  Without any details, I'm afraid everything is just guesswork. You haven't indicated who your provider is, nor which PVR backend you are using. You have only said that your provider gives you an M3U playlist file.

We're offering to help, and asking for some additional information. However, the rest of us can only go on the data you provide. All that we're asking for is that you put in a little effort and assist in your own support ... 
My question is real clear. Your just making it more difficult by asking questions that do not pertain to what I'm trying to accomplish. Your asking what provider, what epg, etc. None of the epgs do what I'm trying to accomplish and that is update any existing m3u or xml file automatically. As far as asking about a provider. That's not gonna do any good. Obviously they are not doing a good job at keeping their xml file and m3u file updated. Now, all I'm asking is how can I go about updating a existing m3u or xml file. Meaning the contents within. I really do not know how much clearer I can make that to you. In Fact, I would appreciate you just not respond at all to my thread rpcameron. Thank you for your time.
(2018-03-10, 20:22)nanmer Wrote: My question is real clear. Your just making it more difficult by asking questions that do not pertain to what I'm trying to accomplish. Your asking what provider, what epg, etc. None of the epgs do what I'm trying to accomplish and that is update any existing m3u or xml file automatically. As far as asking about a provider. Thats not gonna do any good. Obviously they are not doing a good job at keeping their xml file and m3u file updated. Now, all I'm asking is how can I go about updating a existing m3u or xml file. Meaning the contents within. I really do not know how much clearer I can make that to you. Infact, I would appreciate you just not respond at all to my thread rpcameron. Thank you for your time.

Feel free to ignore me. But asking about your provider is useful because if someone else has the same provider, then perhaps they have run into the same situation you are having, and then you can receive specific and directed help. (Of course, refusal to name the provider often implies that you are using sources that violate the terms of use for the forum, and then you'd be SOL. I'm not saying that is the case, only the reality more often than not.)

Snippets of your M3U and/or XMLTV file are to ensure that information given is consistent with your existing data, and not overwriting or superceeding your existing data. After all, there must be something incredibly confusing or difficult about your files' information if you cannot glean how to append additional channels to your existing files or to modify them.

But you're right, letting other users put forth their effort to give you support with nothing more than wild guesses is much more efficient and useful for everyone than having you minimally participate in your own support. After all, why should you bother putting forward any effort when there are strangers on the internet who can read your mind and fix the problem for you, right.
Firstly you should contact your provider, they generate the data. 

Now this is how it works:

The m3u file contains a list of channels and the url to access that channel.

The xml file contains the list of programs broadcast by each channel including name, plot summary, time, genre etc.

If the xml is incomplete then you have a number of choices. Get another epg that covers the same channels is the obvious one. That is why I referred you to xmltv.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2018-03-10, 22:15)nickr Wrote: Firstly you should contact your provider, they generate the data. 

Now this is how it works:

The m3u file contains a list of channels and the url to access that channel.

The xml file contains the list of programs broadcast by each channel including name, plot summary, time, genre etc.

If the xml is incomplete then you have a number of choices. Get another epg that covers the same channels is the obvious one. That is why I referred you to xmltv.

Appreciate your expert advice bud. I have come to the conclusion that what I am trying to accomplish is not possible. So I'm just gonna generate a new xml file myself by adding each channel manually. Something I was trying to avoid. Thank you for your time bud.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Creating xml file from specific service0