• 4(current)
v17 TVDB scraper failing login to thetvdb API suddenly
i thought my harddisk Drive Letter and Paths was wrong
but when i see the progress bar of scrapper is not scrapping my new content
from there i knew it there's something wrong
INTEL: Celeron - UHD 610 | KODI: 18.3
Probably a stupid question,  but how do I update to 3.0.2?

I'm configured to auto update, and have tried to manually update , but only version 3.0.1 is available from the kodi repository.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Edit: Windows 7 installation.

Edit 2: Just updated as I posted.  Please ignore.
(2018-05-28, 13:43)Jeff Wrote: Probably a stupid question,  but how do I update to 3.0.2?

I'm configured to auto update, and have tried to manually update , but only version 3.0.1 is available from the kodi repository.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Edit: Windows 7 installation.

Edit 2: Just updated as I posted.  Please ignore.
 For those of us who have not figured this out yet. How do you upgrade to version 3.0.2

Edit: NM I restarted Kodi and it updated on it's own. Thank you!
I am showing 3.0.1 as the official version.  Is that incorrect?
Need help programming a Streamzap remote?
None of my installs would auto update nor see the update through the menus. But I got the new version from here: https://kodi.tv/addon/tv-information/tvdb and installed from the zip. Seems to be working!
3.0.2 was released yesterday: http://mirrors.kodi.tv/addons/krypton/me....tvdb.com/
Thanks all.  How long does the client take to see an update to the repo?
Need help programming a Streamzap remote?
kodi normally updates 1x/day, but you can manually force it via context menu on the kodi repository entry
This needs some systematic addressing anyway. It's gonna be another month and another API key will be revoked and we're going to be in the same water again because the pirate boxes will use the same key within hours.

I believe opening the scraper preferences to users and allowing them to enter their own "developer" API key while limiting the amount of calls to thetvdb.com API to, like, 50 episodes per day might be the cure for legitimate Kodi users. Yes I know thetvdb.com calls their keys "developer keys". Yes I know it should be discussed with thetvdb.com beforehand but - perhaps - they can be persuaded to introduce a limited-calls-per-day tier of their API keys.
Wojtek
Fix is ok. But... it's very slow to grab metadata... between 1 and 2 minutes for "Superstore" tv show for example while it took 30s before. 1mn is nothing you could say but when you retrieve all your library it'es very long !!! Smile
But the main important thing : it's working.

thx you very much for the fix and your quickness.
guys, stop moaning about API keys - the root cause of this issue was nothing to do with the API key and by the way, thetvdb.com has never revoked our API key. It is themoviedb.org where we regularly have the key issue due to the piracy addons and mpaa takedown requests as a consequence. 

This issue was due to a change in the output of thetvdb.com api response and an adjustment was needed to adopt. It is as simple as that. Please stop the whining.
(2018-05-28, 22:45)olympia Wrote: guys, stop moaning about API keys
 Good point, I mismatched the scrapers. I will now commence to follow your kind advice and stop whining.
Wojtek
thanks for the scraper, and for the quick fix; it's very useful.

I think a new bug might have risen: the IMDB ratings aren't being scraped like they were a week ago;  the overall tv series gets an imdb rating, but not one of its episodes (last week imdb ratngs were grabbed for most of these same episodes).
looks like its down again, unable to connect, was acting weird for awhile before i noticed it go down.
I did an update for it today and it worked fine on Helix for a few hours. Hopefully they come back up soon. Undecided
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TVDB scraper failing login to thetvdb API suddenly0