• 8(current)
v17 TVDB scraper failing login to thetvdb API suddenly
I would opt for themoviedb.org tv show scraper
Members

It is not a simple matter of just changing scrapers.

When you change scrapers...
If you are adding additional episodes to a TV Show previously scraped by TVDB, then you need to re-scrape the TV Show to update the <episodeguide> URL.

If you are adding a new TV Show, then decide to switch back to TheTVDB scraper, the show will need to be re-scraped when you add additional episodes, again to update the <episodeguide> URL.

Be aware of these requirements if you decide to swap scrapers.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
yeah im just using it temporarily for a few folders only which i couldnt scrape atm, im using xem which uses tvdb api v1 which is up. im going to rescrape when it goes back up again.

looking at the xem code im guessing this is api v1 anyway "shows why it connects its not using api.thetvdb.com which is down.
 <RegExp input="$$1" output="&lt;url cache=&quot;\1-$INFO[language].xml&quot;&gt;http://www.thetvdb.com/api/1D62F2F90030C444/series/\1/all/$INFO[language].zip&lt;/url&gt;&lt;id&gt;\1&lt;/id&gt;" dest="3"> <expression>http://(?:www\.)?thetvdb.com/(?:index\.php)?\?tab=series&amp;id=([0-9]+)</expression>
Exactly!
thats why i still on using TVDB scraper
and i will waiting
INTEL: Celeron - UHD 610 | KODI: 18.3
Hi all

I have the same issue. So I’m just adding myself so I can get notified there is a fix.
There seems to be an issue with the API being down right now. http://www.isitdownrightnow.com/api.thetvdb.com.html  I hope where ever the error is, they find the problem and are able to fix it.
And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music. - Friedrich Nietzsche
seems to be up again now.....as per the site anyway....so issues with the API they hopefully they can sort out fully going forward...

Definitely agree its better to keep using the dedicated scraper rather than switching and having to rescrape everything
Hi all

It’s still down for me.

Regards
Yes, looks like it is down again.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Yeah, it seems to be down again......
Hi all

I’ve done the kodi update, but it’s down. Is there altertive?

Regards
Anyone know why the TVDB API keeps going down at the same time every day? Is some actively trying to fix it or is it a lost cause?
(2018-05-29, 06:45)mazey Wrote: i wonder why filebot with tvdb scraper still works. is it using a different way to connect or something.
 to be honest here, i just tried to run filebot and it took a dump saying the site was down, so i definately think it's the API myself though everyone has said it was so i figured i would add my two cents Wink

Jeff
what version of FileBot do you have?
INTEL: Celeron - UHD 610 | KODI: 18.3
TheTVDB API is still downfor me.
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TVDB scraper failing login to thetvdb API suddenly0