Relocate nfos and assets?
Like many, to fine tune my collection and make sure my library looks great I use a third party scrapper (personally, Ember MM). But the problem is that when you do you need to place nfos and assets in the media folder and I really don't like it, it's a whole cluster of files that are only of interest to Kodi. Is it not possible to somehow tell Kodi to process the files then store them all in a specific folder, out of the library's way?
No
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Just to clarify for any one else, in Kodi 18 you can move nfos and assets, but only for the music library, not the video library.

scott s.
Just a quick question to make certain, scott967 you wrote " in Kodi 18 you can move nfos and assets, but only for the music library, not the video library. "
I remember a user awhile back must have been kodi 16 anyways he stored everything on a nas drive, using smb,  nfo, art, assests, and kept it seperate from his Movies, Music and so on.
So are you saying its no longer possible to store nfos and assets separate from your "stuff", now he had some troubles getting it to work, but he managed it in the end.
So just clarifying if you changed anything, in Kodi 18 so its no longer possible to store nfo, art assests in a separate location
Thank you i hope my question is understandable and readable.

I just remembered ofc he did not store the nfos somewhere else that would be kind of "A bad idea" so my question is well pointless sorry about that, the trouble he had was with getting the right "art" he kept the nfos with his movies everything else he had on a nas drive.
but i suppose at some point in the future its just a matter of ticking of a checkbox and browse to where you would like everything stored, i apologize for the interuption
Thank you Big Grin
English is not my native language; please excuse typing errors.
Grampa Simpson: Unfortunately, like all true stories, this one has a crappy ending. You have a story with an ending.
Grampa, are you sure you're okay to drive at night? Grampa: It's night?
Banned add-ons
For both music and videos, there is a Kodi function to "scan" designated "sources" for media.  Only files and folders reached recursively from the designated source folder path(s) are used.  As part of the scan process, "assets" (to use your term) will also be found, if within the source folder tree following naming and placement rules.  That is how scanning has always (at least back to Dharma when I first started using XBMC) worked.  Likewise, there is a function of "separate file" library export, which places "assets" back into the source folders.

In Kodi 18 for music, there is new option to place asset files (for artists and albums) outside of the music source folders.  Likewise, you can optionally export the music library as "separate files" to a designated path.

There were/are Kodi add-ons which manage art, either online or local, and each of these add-ons has its own method of storing art locally.  Many add-on skins take advantage of these add-ons to enhance the Kodi look and feel (probably the biggest reason for popularity of add-on skins).

scott s.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Relocate nfos and assets?0