Need some help with Ubuntu and Kodi fresh setup
Hello...
I am using Kodi for a while now and always used Kodibuntu und just updated along the times
Now i want to do it fresh and my Kodibuntu setup with followed updating ended in a desaster...
So i thought a straight setup might be the way...
So i installed 16.04 unbuntu
Installed Kodi 17.1 on it...and ended up with a setup that i was afraid of
Kodi needed to be started by hand (might be a simple fix)
and
Kodi closed on "alt + F4" which i use on regular basis to close chrome started out of chrome launcher when done with it
I tried a few how tos that i found via google, but i am now 6+ hours in it and would appreciate some help on it...
So how do i start Kodi automatically with the option to close it via menu in case i need something in ubuntu
AND
How do i make Kodi "alt + F4" resistant without blocking the option to close fullscreen chrome started by chrome launcher

Thx in advance
P.s. l am not a linux pro...

Machine is an
i3 with HD2500 graphic 
8 gig of ram
500 gig drive
(2018-03-16, 20:45)darkyputz Wrote: Installed Kodi 17.1 on it
Kodi 17.1 is a bit outdated... Did you use Kodi's repository for installation as outlined in the Kodi wiki installation page?
It will also give you the option to log in directly into Kodi.
Hello and thx for the quick reply...
I installed fresh by doingConfusedudo apt-get install software-properties-common
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:team-xbmc/ppa
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install kodiBut the splash screen stated 17.1, so thats why i ended up saying it
I went up and down the wiki but so far no solution
Is this computer just for kodi? If so I recommend trying libreelec.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Yup...only Kodi...but i need Chrome...
please get us the output of:

apt-cache policy kodi | nc termbin.com 9999
You can run chromium/chrome on libreelec
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Hello...
Sorry for the late reply, but i only have time for hobbies/forums on week days...
Chromium is not a alternative for chrome...inst it?
No addons and streaming/netflix...popup blocker and such...or did they got closer to a full functional browser yet?
Is some time ago since i tried
With the command i am unable to perform right now since i killed the 16.04 with kodi for kodibuntu retry...which is not done at the moment...
But can it still be done to have a 16.04 kodi be alt+f4 save and act like the good old kodibuntu, just more up to date?
Actually you can run Chrome on Libreelec using docker.

The sources for Kodibuntu should still be on github, so you can see there how it is set up.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Need some help with Ubuntu and Kodi fresh setup0