• 109(current)
Release Netflix Add-on [input-stream]
(2019-09-29, 12:04)Sholander Wrote: Replacing libwidevinecdm.so with previous v.4.10.1303.0 solves the problem and NF addon works as before. 

How can I do this if I don't have a backup please?
(2019-09-29, 21:24)lennie paz Wrote:
(2019-09-29, 14:56)Sholander Wrote:
(2019-09-29, 14:32)lennie paz Wrote: Are you getting the the Netflix add-on to play content at 1080p and 4k?   

On my Odroid N2 I get 1080p software decoded and on my S912 & S905X boxes I get 720p software decoded without frame drops/skips.
My boxes don't have Widevine L1 so only software decoding  is available... 

I'm only getting 480p on my Shield TV. 

I didn't emphasize that those Netflix resolutions are achieved with Kodi 18.4 running on CoreElec 9.2, not in Android...
(2019-09-29, 21:57)NotToday Wrote:
(2019-09-29, 12:04)Sholander Wrote: Replacing libwidevinecdm.so with previous v.4.10.1303.0 solves the problem and NF addon works as before. 

How can I do this if I don't have a backup please?   

If you know your way around your Kodi installation, that is you know where your libwidevinecdm.so file is stored, you can rename it (via Kodi File Manager) to libwidevinecdm.so.ori, download this version (libwidevinecdm.so_4.10.1303.0-linux-armv7) and copy it to the same folder. Restart your device and see if there are any improvements. If not you can revert to the original one.
I'm trying to keep in sync Netflix My List with Kodi Library.

I see there are this settings:
* Keep My List and Kodi Library in sync
* Perform full sync now
* Purge library
But I have not understood how they works

I would like select some Movies and Tv Series on Netflix (by app / web interface) and after that if I start Kodi I would like Netflix pull (an push) new selected items in my Library (creating STRM file).
I see can auto-update by time scheduling, but It strange this approach on a player that non running all day.

TL;DR as for Kodi setting "Update library on startup", allow Netflix plugin to "Sync My List and Kodi Library on startup" 

Thanks!
Dear all,

First thanks to all who contributes to this nice plugin...I would like to give you a quick feedback on the Raspberry Pi4 capabilities and my problem with French audio stream.

I installed LibreElec 9.1.501 / Kodi 18 on my new Pi 4 (4gb)...
Good news... with some light overclocking (1.75 ghz/ over_voltage2) I could get NetFlix Plugin working at 1080p (CastagnaIT 1.0.0/NetFlix 0.15.3)...by the way, it works best with VP9 instead of H264 stream (less CPU load) and i'am using audio passthrough on my home cinema amplifier.

...but I have an issue with Inputstream adaptive when I use "Manual" as Stream Selection...

In "Auto" as my player settings are audio French and subtitle French, I get always the French video/audio stream but I cannot select the bps quality and when it is more than 2'500000 bps, the Pi4 is not powerfull enough !
As workaroung, I set Max. Bandwidth to 2'800 000 and most often the system automatically picks-up 1080p.
But as said, when only h264 is available, it is not always possible to get a smooth stream and I would then prefer to select 720p.

Unfortunately In "Manual"  stream selection, the audio is always German/English or Spanish      but    I never can select a French Audio stream !
By looking at GitHub, I saw several people trying to get the good audio language by editing the ascii.disco plugin:     https://github.com/asciidisco/plugin.vid...issues/580
Can someone help me on this ? Is it planned to fix this, I mean enabling more languages ?
Is it ascii.disco that I need to tune ?
If yes, How can I access MSLv2.py library and edit for my trials ?

A lot of question, I'm not really familiar with Linux coding... The castagnaIT package contains a lot of libraries and I never found a thread about this french audio issue.

Thanks for your help / advices
(2019-09-26, 14:25)sju10544 Wrote: Same issue here with Kodi 18.4 and Netflix addon 0.15.3 at a Nvidia Shield...

I have the same setup.  Just added the netflix addon today, enter creds, and boom.  Error.  Failed validation key exchange. 
Does this have something to do with the ESN ID?
(2019-10-01, 01:28)tarponator Wrote:
(2019-09-26, 14:25)sju10544 Wrote: Same issue here with Kodi 18.4 and Netflix addon 0.15.3 at a Nvidia Shield...

I have the same setup.  Just added the netflix addon today, enter creds, and boom.  Error.  Failed validation key exchange. 
Partially. When a Shield is updated to Android Pie/9 (Shield Experience 8.0), it receives a new Netflix EID. Also there’s a known Shield-specific problem with Widevine/DRM certificates and server-side verification that may be affecting all Shield users. There’s been bug reports sent to the maintainers of this plugin, the input-stream adaptive addon, as well as Nvidia as it also affects some non-Kodi apps.

NVidia hopes to have an update ready soon that hopefully fixes the issue (there is a hot fix available; it isn’t certified so it may break other stuff). Once that official update happens, either the addon will work as expected or at least the addon developers can use the new data points to work on a solution.
Can’t edit posts for some reason and I dislike BBCODE.

Anyway the Nvidia forum post about the Shield-specific problem, certificate and 4K issues, is here: https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/for...9/2274016/
(2019-10-01, 08:16)GenesisDH Wrote: Can’t edit posts for some reason and I dislike BBCODE.

Anyway the Nvidia forum post about the Shield-specific problem, certificate and 4K issues, is here: https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/for...9/2274016/
This is not related to 4k not working with the netflix addon. The problem with the netflix addon has something to do with the new android version and the widevine with it so it is more of inputstream addon problem and that needs to be fixed for the netflix plugin to start playing 4k and 1080p streams again. As I have the latest hotfix and it is not working with it. Hopefully the inputstream addon devs can fix this as I use my shield mostly and the shields usefulness without netflix plugin has diminished greatly for me.
(2019-10-01, 08:50)DNKK Wrote:
(2019-10-01, 08:16)GenesisDH Wrote: Can’t edit posts for some reason and I dislike BBCODE.

This is not related to 4k not working with the netflix addon. The problem with the netflix addon has something to do with the new android version and the widevine with it so it is more of inputstream addon problem and that needs to be fixed for the netflix plugin to start playing 4k and 1080p streams again.
Actually yes, it does. I just said that:
(2019-10-01, 08:13)GenesisDH Wrote: with Widevine/DRM certificates and server-side verification that may be affecting all Shield users. There’s been bug reports sent to the maintainers of this plugin, the input-stream adaptive addon, as well as Nvidia as it also affects some non-Kodi apps.
(2019-10-01, 08:53)GenesisDH Wrote:
(2019-10-01, 08:50)DNKK Wrote:

This is not related to 4k not working with the netflix addon. The problem with the netflix addon has something to do with the new android version and the widevine with it so it is more of inputstream addon problem and that needs to be fixed for the netflix plugin to start playing 4k and 1080p streams again. 
Actually yes, it does. I just said that:
(2019-10-01, 08:13)GenesisDH Wrote: with Widevine/DRM certificates and server-side verification that may be affecting all Shield users. There’s been bug reports sent to the maintainers of this plugin, the input-stream adaptive addon, as well as Nvidia as it also affects some non-Kodi apps.

I cant get the netflix addon to work with my phone that has widewine L1 either and it is also on android 9 so I think not just an nvidia problem but a bigger problem. But I could be wrong.
(2019-10-01, 08:57)DNKK Wrote: I cant get the netflix addon to work with my phone that has widewine L1 either and it is also on android 9 so I think not just an nvidia problem but a bigger problem. But I could be wrong.
That might be something to contact your OEM about, because I also use a Google Pixel on Pie/9 that has no such issues. What’s the device?
(2019-10-01, 08:59)GenesisDH Wrote:
(2019-10-01, 08:57)DNKK Wrote: I cant get the netflix addon to work with my phone that has widewine L1 either and it is also on android 9 so I think not just an nvidia problem but a bigger problem. But I could be wrong.
That might be something to contact your OEM about, because I also use a Google Pixel on Pie/9 that has no such issues. What’s the device? 
Samsung S10+

If it works for your device I will try to install it again as I don't use kodi on it I just installed it to try to check a few weeks ago when netflix plugin stopped working on my shield.
(2019-10-01, 08:13)GenesisDH Wrote:
(2019-10-01, 01:28)tarponator Wrote:

Partially. When a Shield is updated to Android Pie/9 (Shield Experience 8.0), it receives a new Netflix EID. Also there’s a known Shield-specific problem with Widevine/DRM certificates and server-side verification that may be affecting all Shield users. There’s been bug reports sent to the maintainers of this plugin, the input-stream adaptive addon, as well as Nvidia as it also affects some non-Kodi apps.

NVidia hopes to have an update ready soon that hopefully fixes the issue (there is a hot fix available; it isn’t certified so it may break other stuff). Once that official update happens, either the addon will work as expected or at least the addon developers can use the new data points to work on a solution. 

Today my shield updated to 8.0.1, previously i had the "Failed validation key exchange" error but now is fixed with this update, the only video streams available were those up to 720p with HEVC and 1080p with VP9 profile but after manual Netflix ESN came all 1080p to 4K streams. But the plugin can not play 4K streams.(black screen)
(2019-10-02, 02:35)Betuel Wrote: Today my shield updated to 8.0.1, previously i had the "Failed validation key exchange" error but now is fixed with this update, the only video streams available were those up to 720p with HEVC and 1080p with VP9 profile but after manual Netflix ESN came all 1080p to 4K streams. But the plugin can not play 4K streams.(black screen)
I just received the update and will be updating shortly to confirm playback of 720p and above streams.
If you have gotten 720p/1080p videos to play since updating, that would indicate that the Widevine part of the issue is fixed (getting L1 certification rather than L3). Now we would be like some others, using non-Shield devices, that have strictly 4K playback issues. That might be fixable by the add on developers. I would send new logs to the GitHub repos.
  • 109(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Netflix Add-on [input-stream]14