• 164(current)
Release Netflix Add-on [input-stream]
(2020-08-20, 15:32)CastagnaIT Wrote: The new release 1.8.0 will be out from today

In the last days there are login problems,
so you will not be able to access your account from the add-on.

At the moment it has not been possible to understand the cause of this.
I suspect and hope it's caused by a temporary problem with the website.

In this version a small change has been applied that improves the situation,
but currently the most critical situation is about this:

Linux distributions - the login sometimes works (trying several times)
Linux CoreElec/LibreElec/... - the login sometimes works (trying several times), in some cases not works
Android - the login seem not works in any case

The login by using others operative systems should works without problems.

Next updates on this problem by reading this thread:
https://github.com/CastagnaIT/plugin.vid...issues/502

Therefore, do not attempt to Logout, reinstall the add-on or change your password, otherwise you may no longer log-in !!!
if you have to do it, it is recommended to make a backup of add-on user data!

I just got a netflix subscription again, bummed to see that I cannot login on kodi. Any update when the login error would be resolved?
Using Win 10 pro and Libreelec both failed to login !!
Kodi Version 18.8 on Both OS
Unfortunately the login issues continues to persist

To have more chance to login with success,
you have to download and install the Daily Build version from the Readme link:
https://github.com/CastagnaIT/plugin.vid...n--updates
When the login fail, you have to try login more times

Future updates in the GH thread:
https://github.com/CastagnaIT/plugin.vid...issues/502
Dev-Maintainer of InputStream Adaptive add-on, Netflix add-on ▫ Skills Python, C#, VB.NET and a bit of C++
Hello guys,

I have a problem with the netflix addon. On a win10 htpc with kodi matrix, i cannot see 4k shows in netflix. Only 1080 streams are available. Am i doing something wrong ?

Pc with Ryzen 3, ?Nvidia 1050ti connected to 4K avr connected to 4k tv

Win10 with latest updates

Latest netflix addon installed

i can watch 4k hdr movies from kodi 

Any help would be appreciated 

Regards.
Hi @CastagnaIT 

In Version 1.6.1 you implement a fix for 1080p in ARM Devices (i have an PI 4)

Some series are still in SD540 - Gotham for example.

What do you think ? Can you fix that too?
(2020-08-27, 11:19)j_manou Wrote: Hello guys,

I have a problem with the netflix addon. On a win10 htpc with kodi matrix, i cannot see 4k shows in netflix. Only 1080 streams are available. Am i doing something wrong ?

Regards.

Kodi uses Widevine Library to play DRM streams.
Netflix, Disney and Amzon require Widevine Level1 certification to allow 4K streams. The only Widevine Level 1 certified devices are nVidia Shield, FireTV, mibox and most flagship phones running Android
Any machine running anything else such as OSX, Windows or Linux is certified at Widevine Level 3 only and will never be able to receive 4K streams from Netflix/Disney/Amazon Prime whilst in Kodi

As you are on Win10 and have 1050Ti, you could run Netflix Windows 10 app to receive 4K Stream provided your 1050Ti has atleast 3GB VRAM. This setup will utilise MS Playready 3.0 DRM library and the nVidia Pascal series cards such as the 1050Ti are certified for that. Kodi currently does not support MS Playready DRM
Kodi 21 Windows 10 and 11 | 21 Xbox One X | 21 Linux Mint Virginia XFCE | CoreELEC NO 21 nightly S905X4 aarch64
(2020-08-28, 02:14)gujal Wrote:
(2020-08-27, 11:19)j_manou Wrote: Hello guys,

Regards.

Kodi uses Widevine Library to play DRM streams.
Netflix, Disney and Amzon require Widevine Level1 certification to allow 4K streams. The only Widevine Level 1 certified devices are nVidia Shield, FireTV, mibox and most flagship phones running Android
Any machine running anything else such as OSX, Windows or Linux is certified at Widevine Level 3 only and will never be able to receive 4K streams from Netflix/Disney/Amazon Prime whilst in Kodi

As you are on Win10 and have 1050Ti, you could run Netflix Windows 10 app to receive 4K Stream provided your 1050Ti has atleast 3GB VRAM. This setup will utilise MS Playready 3.0 DRM library and the nVidia Pascal series cards such as the 1050Ti are certified for that. Kodi currently does not support MS Playready DRM
Thank you very much for the detailed explanation.
(2020-08-28, 01:15)Johnny1982fd Wrote: Hi @CastagnaIT 

Netflix do not provide Gotham at 1080P on ARM devices

If you want to run some test read here:
https://github.com/CastagnaIT/plugin.vid...-663852816
Dev-Maintainer of InputStream Adaptive add-on, Netflix add-on ▫ Skills Python, C#, VB.NET and a bit of C++
(2020-08-28, 11:44)CastagnaIT Wrote:
(2020-08-28, 01:15)Johnny1982fd Wrote: Hi @CastagnaIT 

Netflix do not provide Gotham at 1080P on ARM devices

If you want to run some test read here:
https://github.com/CastagnaIT/plugin.vid...-663852816
Hi @CastagnaIT 

thanks for your reply ! Ok, thats not good Smile

I know, that Gotham was 1080p before - so Netflix has change this. What a ... :/
Hi.

Hope it's ok if I post into this thread and didn't create a new one.

I installed the Netflix Add-on for KODI successfully on my KODI 18.8 on my Sony KD-55XE9005 running Android 8.
So in theory I apparently know how to correctly follow the instructions to add the repository from a zip file and then install it and then use the Netflix Add-on to log into my personal Netflix Account (I have the UHD subscription).

But when I repeated the same steps on my QNAP TBS-453DX, I miserably failed.

I failed not only on the new KODI 19.0 MATRIX alpha (although I downloaded the respective repository for KODI 19.0 MATRIX), but I then also failed after I added KODI LEIA 18.5 to my QNAP and tried the process there again exactly the same way I did successfully on my Sony TV.

In both cases the Netflix Add-on produced an error message during the installation from the repository (after installing some other parts due to dependencies correctly).

And then every time I start KODI (doesn't matter if V18 or V19), the Netflix plugin complains as well.

I turned on the debug log, quit KODI, started KODI V18 up and then got the usual Netflix error message and went nonetheless to the Netflix Addon and tried to start it getting another error message.
I then uploaded that logfile using the KODI Logfile Uploader addon. It produced this URL as a result:
https://paste.kodi.tv/nojucoreso

Can you please help me? Where is the problem?
I had assumed since the KODI plugin runs on Android TV Oreo (which is a derivative of Linux) it would also run on a QNAP QTS 4.4.3.1400 (which is a derivative of Linux).
(2020-08-01, 19:31)dondaniel Wrote: Hi guys, need some help with the installation of that add on into Kodi Leia 18.5.0.0.
I have installed Netflix according guide but when trying to start the program I get the message that sime required repository item 'cryptodome.random' is missing... 
kodi leila is running on my QNAP TS-251.
is this problem known? How would I solve it?
regards
So it is possible to install the Netflix Plugin for KODI 18.5.0.0 running on a QNAP QTS?
Aweseome. How did you do that? I only get a Netflix Plugin error although I installed it exactly the same way on my QNAP as I did (successfully) on my Android TV before.
Was there anything special / out of the ordinary that you did except adding the respective ZIP file as a repository and then install the latest Netflix Plugin out of that repository in KODI?
Anything you did on a command line level to install some Python packages or so? (There was a small hint at github that some Linux distributions would need that).
I gave it a try to check the logfile myself and found this error:
-----------------
2020-08-29 16:05:48.128 T:140470244071168 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) :
-->Python callback/script returned the following error<-- - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ImportError'>
Error Contents: No module named Cryptodome
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/opt/Kodi18/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.netflix/service.py", line 13, in <module> from resources.lib.run_service import run
File "/opt/Kodi18/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.netflix/resources/lib/run_service.py", line 18, in <module> from resources.lib.common import select_port, get_local_string, get_current_kodi_profile_name
File "/opt/Kodi18/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.netflix/resources/lib/common/__init__.py", line 15, in <module> from .credentials import *
File "/opt/Kodi18/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.netflix/resources/lib/common/credentials.py", line 25, in <module> from Cryptodome import Random
ImportError: No module named Cryptodome
-->End of Python script error report<--
-----------------

from my basic understanding it seems that the QNAP QTS might fall into the category of Linux distributions lacking the PyCrypto packages being preinstalled.
So I tried my best (I am totally unexperienced with Linux shell usage) to fix it myself by logging into my QNAP using telnet. I successfully logged in with the user admin and then entered the command
sudo apt install build-essential python-dev python-pip python-setuptools

but got an error that sudo is no known command. I next deleted the sudo and tried just to run apt (since I am already in the admin account), but got the error message that apt is not a known command.
also pip was not an accepted command.

So I am completely at my wits end. Even googling "How to install pycrptodomex on QNAP" did not produce any usable results.

Can please someone here tell me, which steps to do to get the library installed and/or the Netflix plugin working?
I can use a shell, I just need the step by step set of instructions to start at the right place and issue the right chain of commands.

Thank you in advance!!!!!
(2020-08-30, 14:20)StorageFan Wrote: Can please someone here tell me, which steps to do to get the library installed and/or the Netflix plugin working?
I can use a shell, I just need the step by step set of instructions to start at the right place and issue the right chain of commands.

To install cryptodome dependency on Linux, you have to be logged in as the root user (with root privileges) and then run these commands  in Terminal:

1. sudo apt update
2. sudo apt install python-pip
3. sudo apt install python-setuptools
4. sudo apt install build-essential
5. sudo pip install wheel
6. sudo pip install pycryptodomex
7. sudo reboot

This way I installed it on Rasbian....
(2020-08-30, 17:24)Sholander Wrote:
(2020-08-30, 14:20)StorageFan Wrote: Can please someone here tell me, which steps to do to get the library installed and/or the Netflix plugin working?

To install cryptodome dependency on Linux, you have to be logged in as the root user (with root privileges) and then run these commands  in Terminal:

1. sudo apt update
7. sudo reboot

Thanks for your feedback! (Finally a response, I was afraid this thread might be dead). But I am not on Rasbian, I am within the QNAP QTS environment and the sudo command isn't even recognized, when I logon with telnet into the account called "admin" (which is the only native account with admin privileges. QTS does not seem to feature or support an account called "root". So sudo seems to not work. And apt wasn't a recognized command as well. :-(
(2020-08-30, 17:54)StorageFan Wrote:
(2020-08-30, 17:24)Sholander Wrote:

1. sudo apt update
7. sudo reboot

Thanks for your feedback! (Finally a response, I was afraid this thread might be dead). But I am not on Rasbian, I am within the QNAP QTS environment and the sudo command isn't even recognized, when I logon with telnet into the account called "admin" (which is the only native account with admin privileges. QTS does not seem to feature or support an account called "root". So sudo seems to not work. And apt wasn't a recognized command as well. :-(
Didn't know much about QNAP QTS, but after a quick search, once you ssh to it as admin you have full root privileges. If I understand things correctly, then "sudo" is not needed. What happens when you run those commands without sudo?
  • 164(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Netflix Add-on [input-stream]14