• 183(current)
Release Netflix Add-on [input-stream]
(2021-04-07, 06:00)estuary_enthusiast Wrote: Is possible the video stream automatically lower the resolution when the internet is slow and back to high resolution when internet is fine? Just like on YouTube

add-ons like this have DRM encrypted video's that are different from the free youtube video's

to make this works this feature must be implemented on InpuStreamAdaptive add-on,
currently adapt the stream quality to the current bandwidth is an unimplemented experimental InpuStreamAdaptive feature
help is needed (new C++ devs are welcome) to continue/suggest how to develop it
Dev-Maintainer of InputStream Adaptive add-on, Netflix add-on ▫ Skills Python, C#, VB.NET and a bit of C++
Hi. I have a (very small, but super annoying) issue: Sometimes, seemingly random, the plugin will choose "audio description" instead of the english DD+/Atmos track. I've fiddled around with the playback settings, but it dosen't seem to help, and i've also used the "set as default for all media button" after choosing the correct english audio with no success. Anyone know what i am missing/have set incorrectly?
(2021-04-11, 00:43)Epedemic Wrote: Hi. I have a (very small, but super annoying) issue: Sometimes, seemingly random, the plugin will choose "audio description" instead of the english DD+/Atmos track. I've fiddled around with the playback settings, but it dosen't seem to help, and i've also used the "set as default for all media button" after choosing the correct english audio with no success. Anyone know what i am missing/have set incorrectly?

what kodi version?
Dev-Maintainer of InputStream Adaptive add-on, Netflix add-on ▫ Skills Python, C#, VB.NET and a bit of C++
(2021-04-12, 15:08)CastagnaIT Wrote:
(2021-04-11, 00:43)Epedemic Wrote: Hi. I have a (very small, but super annoying) issue: Sometimes, seemingly random, the plugin will choose "audio description" instead of the english DD+/Atmos track. I've fiddled around with the playback settings, but it dosen't seem to help, and i've also used the "set as default for all media button" after choosing the correct english audio with no success. Anyone know what i am missing/have set incorrectly?

what kodi version?
19, on a 2019 Shield Pro
If using the authentication method to log in, how long roughly does it keep you logged in for? Thanks.
@Epedemic please provide more info:
- Video title (if tvshow also season+ep)
- The language set to the Netflix profile used
- A screenshot of the page of Kodi settings: Kodi settings->Player->Language
- A screenshot of the page of Netflix addon setting: Addon settings->Playback
without these details i will not be able to attempt to analyse it

@TheGame1986 with "Authentication Key" method, there is no time limit after the login, expire only the ".key" file created,
but Netflix can cut out your login on the addon for other reasons or by your choice like "Account sign out devices" or change pw.
There is only a limit for RPI devices, every time you update the OS you have to re-login Netflix again because the OS update "reset the security key".
Of course, since everything is unofficial, there could be other unknown cases.
(2021-04-13, 11:35)CastagnaIT Wrote: @TheGame1986 with "Authentication Key" method, there is no time limit after the login, expire only the ".key" file created,
but Netflix can cut out your login on the addon for other reasons or by your choice like "Account sign out devices" or change pw.
There is only a limit for RPI devices, every time you update the OS you have to re-login Netflix again because the OS update "reset the security key".
Of course, since everything is unofficial, there could be other unknown cases.

Thanks for the info! Much appreciated Smile
(2021-04-13, 11:35)CastagnaIT Wrote: @Epedemic please provide more info:
- Video title (if tvshow also season+ep)
- The language set to the Netflix profile used
- A screenshot of the page of Kodi settings: Kodi settings->Player->Language
- A screenshot of the page of Netflix addon setting: Addon settings->Playback
without these details i will not be able to attempt to analyse it
Thanks.

Confirmed troublesome titles:
Okja
Uncut Gems
The Irishman

There are others, but i can't recall currently.

(Sidenote: Mank works however, event though it has audio description avalilible too.)

Netflix profile is set to English.

Screenshots: https://imgur.com/a/loEyD2J

*edit*: I *think* setting Preferred audio language to "original language" instead of "media default" fixed it. Wasn't aware of that setting, so thanks for pointing me there. (even though audio description seems an odd choice for "media default" Big Grin )
(2021-04-13, 17:14)Epedemic Wrote: *edit*: I *think* setting Preferred audio language to "original language" instead of "media default" fixed it. Wasn't aware of that setting, so thanks for pointing me there. (even though audio description seems an odd choice for "media default"

thanks, i will do some tests
@Epedemic i have found the problem will be fixed on next release
(2021-03-03, 20:13)alistair06400 Wrote: Dear all!
Everything is ok but when i try to watch something I have an error message (since I installed the Kodi Matrix version) :
MSLERROR: this title is not available to watch instantly. Please try another title.
To try to solve this problem you can force "Widevine L3" from the add-on Expert Settings"

Can you help me please?

Thanks
Alistair

Hi everybody, I get the same problem on my Zidoo Z9X.
Fresh install of Kodi 19, but any videos start.
"...force "Widevine L3" from the add-on Expert Settings"
Miss something? Any ideas?

Tks
Roberto
Regarding running the NF plug-in on the RPi4 LE system(KODI 19 Matrix), when the rate is 500KB/s, when playing at the 1080p rate, there is always buffering, even the screen stops, and sometimes it returns to the previous level.
So is it possible to follow https://github.com/xbmc/inputstream.adaptive/pull/506 to provide a beta plug-in first and verify it first.
I've been seeing some framedrops and stuttering lately when watching shows through this addon.

After some googling I found out that streams played through the Inputstream Adaptive addon apparently do not use Kodi's own buffering mechanism:

https://github.com/xbmc/inputstream.adaptive/issues/392

One of the last comments is that this is being worked on and the fix will probably be "a Kodi 20 feature".

I really hope that once a solution is found it can be backported though Big Grin
Hi,

is there an option so that sorting alphabetically ignores articles like "the"?
Hi, I'm trying to use the netflix plugin from CastagnaIT and having some problems with widevine. This is Kodi-18.9 on a Beelink GT-King. I've successfully logged into netflix and can view shows, but I don't understand how to access them - the wiki docs only explain how to install the plugin, not widevine or how to actually watch the shows. There's something about having to copy them locally to the device before I can watch them?

Here is the debug output I receive when trying to watch a show. Please view the logs here:

https://paste.kodi.tv/oyisukigok.kodi

I was prompted to download/install widevine, but it clearly failed, and don't know how to get back to that to try again. The widevine library is there:
Quote:# ls -l /storage/.kodi/cdm/libwidevinecdm.so
-rwxr--r--    2 root     root       8887360 May  8 09:09 /storage/.kodi/cdm/libwidevinecdm.so
  • 183(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Netflix Add-on [input-stream]14