• 186(current)
Release Netflix Add-on [input-stream]
Does anyone know how to get Netflix video playback by disabling the hardware acceleration settings? I don't like to use the hardware acceleration settings because I like to have access to the brightness and contrast within Kodi. I have hardware acceleration disabled for my other video add-on and  which work fine, but with the Netflix add-on I only get a still image with the audio playing in the background when the hardware acceleration settings are turned off.

Can anyone help me out?
> Does anyone know how to get Netflix video playback by disabling the hardware acceleration settings? I don't like to use the hardware acceleration settings because I like to have access to the brightness and contrast within Kodi. I have hardware acceleration disabled for my other video add-on and  which work fine, but with the Netflix add-on I only get a still image with the audio playing in the background when the hardware acceleration settings are turned off.

you cannot disable hardware acceleration is needed for DRM video content
Dev-Maintainer of InputStream Adaptive add-on, Netflix add-on ▫ Skills Python, C#, VB.NET and a bit of C++
New add-on release (1.16.2) for Kodi 19 Matrix, is available from today

This release include some changes to have HD resolutions, in particular way for all ARM devices like RPI and similars,
that before was not working correclty, or was not working at all, resulting in only SD video.

In order to obtain HD resolutions correctly, you must check to have InputStream Adaptive add-on to version 2.6.18 or above
will usually update automatically, if not, update it.

Please note: for some Kodi distributions (like LibreELEC, CoreELEC, OSMC, etc...) it is possible that the new version of InputStream Adaptive add-on, is not yet available, so you will have to wait for their release.
Dev-Maintainer of InputStream Adaptive add-on, Netflix add-on ▫ Skills Python, C#, VB.NET and a bit of C++
(2021-07-16, 09:45)CastagnaIT Wrote: > Does anyone know how to get Netflix video playback by disabling the hardware acceleration settings? I don't like to use the hardware acceleration settings because I like to have access to the brightness and contrast within Kodi. I have hardware acceleration disabled for my other video add-on and  which work fine, but with the Netflix add-on I only get a still image with the audio playing in the background when the hardware acceleration settings are turned off.

you cannot disable hardware acceleration is needed for DRM video content

Oh I see. Is there a way to retain the brightness and contrast settings within Kodi while also having the hardware acceleration  enabled at the same time?
I am on Matrix and while this addon did work at one time I now get login errors. I have tried version 14.xxxx and version 16.1 and 16.2 nothing works. I have logged into my account from the Netflix website to double check my username and password. I cannot figure this problem out or how to create the authentication key.

Would someone help me please....

Thanks
(2021-07-17, 22:10)melons2 Wrote: I am on Matrix and while this addon did work at one time I now get login errors. I have tried version 14.xxxx and version 16.1 and 16.2 nothing works. I have logged into my account from the Netflix website to double check my username and password. I cannot figure this problem out or how to create the authentication key.

Thanks
The steps are detailed in the wiki
https://github.com/CastagnaIT/plugin.vid...cation-key
Kodi 21 Windows 10 and 11 | 21 Xbox One X | 21 Linux Mint Virginia XFCE | CoreELEC NO 21 nightly S905X4 aarch64
(2021-07-18, 00:23)gujal Wrote:
(2021-07-17, 22:10)melons2 Wrote: I am on Matrix and while this addon did work at one time I now get login errors. I have tried version 14.xxxx and version 16.1 and 16.2 nothing works. I have logged into my account from the Netflix website to double check my username and password. I cannot figure this problem out or how to create the authentication key.

Thanks
The steps are detailed in the wiki
https://github.com/CastagnaIT/plugin.vid...cation-key
I tried but everything, I edited the "settings.json" file to the correct path but it threw an error that I cannot figure out. Hopefully I will get more help or the addon will be improved so that normal login credentials will work!

Thank you....
Hi.
I was using this add-on for a long time, and it was working flawlessly until some time ago.
I think it's related to latest update of Kodi (I'm on 19.1 now).

I'm using Netflix plugin 1.16.2+matrix1.
"Synchronize the watched status of the videos with Netflix" in on.

When I go directly to Netflix plugin and play from there, Netflix status is updated (episodes appear in Netflix history/viewing activity), but Kodi library (f.e. In progress TV shows) is not updated.
When I play Netflix item from Kodi library, it is not synced back to Netflix history...

Is there a way to have it all?
Is there any way to set a separate view type for movies and TV shows genres menus?

They appear to be linked to other menus. When I change TV Genres view type, it also changes Recently added/Popular/Top picks etc to the same.
And Movies Genres is missing some view type options
I have Kodi 19.1 on an Nvidia Shield and notice that there are periodic skipped frames that can cause noticeable hesitation in the video playback.  I have a debug log and I don't believe that the skipped frames are logged, but maybe there is more information that I am not seeing that could help someone else to diagnose.  I noticed it about 55 seconds into playback and stopped the playback shortly after.
https://paste.kodi.tv/zaqekusosu.kodi

Should I also be turning on the Netflix addon debug logging and which settings should be enabled for it?  I don't believe that it is a inputstream adaptive setting or framerate issue because I do not seem to be experiencing this with any other inputstream adaptive addons at 24 Hz.  Naturally the video is smooth on the Netflix android app, but I prefer using the Kodi addon and wonder if it may just be a setting on my end.  Thanks in advance for any help.
> other inputstream adaptive addons at 24 Hz

from the log seem that Kodi search for 23.976 not 24hz
Code:

2021-07-31 09:31:00.758 T:31699    INFO <general>: [WHITELIST] Searching the whitelist for: width: 1920, height: 1080, fps: 23.976, 3D: false
2021-07-31 09:31:00.758 T:31699   DEBUG <general>: [WHITELIST] Searching for an exact resolution with an exact refresh rate
2021-07-31 09:31:00.758 T:31699   DEBUG <general>: [WHITELIST] No match for an exact resolution with an exact refresh rate
2021-07-31 09:31:00.758 T:31699   DEBUG <general>: [WHITELIST] Searching for a desktop resolution with an exact refresh rate
2021-07-31 09:31:00.758 T:31699   DEBUG <general>: [WHITELIST] Matched a desktop resolution with an exact refresh rate 3840x2160 @ 23.976025 - Full Screen (18)
2021-07-31 09:31:00.759 T:31699    INFO <general>: Display resolution ADJUST : 3840x2160 @ 23.976025 - Full Screen (18) (weight: 0.000)
2021-07-31 09:31:00.786 T:31560    INFO <general>: CAndroidUtils: SetNativeResolution: 2: 1920x1080 [email protected]

are you sure that your video played is at 24hz? have you read the netflix manifest file?
Thanks for the response. I assumed that 23.976 was interchangeable with 24, but maybe that is my problem. The other Inputstream Adaptive videos also use 23.976 fps. Is Netflix exactly 24 fps instead? I have both 23.976 and 24 whitelisted, but I have never seen 24 hz used and in fact, I don't see it as an option when I look at choices on the Shield.

Edit:. I've found a "show" on Netflix titled "Test Patterns". Season 1 lists a bunch of different framerates for videos and I've tried a few:
23.976, 25, and 59.94 all had a frame skip within the first minute. I only played close attention to the time on the 59.94 hz video and it was around 57 seconds. My impression was that the other videos were similar.
The 24 fps video would not play.

I have not tried any beyond these 4 yet.
(2021-08-01, 21:57)knappster Wrote: Thanks for the response. I assumed that 23.976 was interchangeable with 24, but maybe that is my problem. The other Inputstream Adaptive videos also use 23.976 fps. Is Netflix exactly 24 fps instead? I have both 23.976 and 24 whitelisted, but I have never seen 24 hz used and in fact, I don't see it as an option when I look at choices on the Shield.

Edit:. I've found a "show" on Netflix titled "Test Patterns". Season 1 lists a bunch of different framerates for videos and I've tried a few:
23.976, 25, and 59.94 all had a frame skip within the first minute. I only played close attention to the time on the 59.94 hz video and it was around 57 seconds. My impression was that the other videos were similar.
The 24 fps video would not play.

I have not tried any beyond these 4 yet.

> I assumed that 23.976 was interchangeable with 24

no, different numbers are different hz/fps, if the display hz do not match the movie fps then you will have frameskip sometimes

> I only played close attention to the time on the 59.94 hz video and it was around 57 seconds

you can give a log for this specific case ? ^^^
i want take a look for a possible thing
@CastagnaIT absolutely.  Here is a log for 59.94 Hz:
https://paste.kodi.tv/xunobeboxu.kodi

The playback hesitated when the video showed 56.30 seconds on the screen.
Hi i have problem on
LibreELEC 9.2.6
Raspberry 4
Netflix add (1.12.4 - 1.12.6)

Video play does not star
- on first try: i see for one second on top a triangle(playing) and name of video - video play does not start
- on second try: time string jumps to center for a second - video play does not start

Maybe my Raspberry pi 4 is dying? But mp4 playing by notwork works us usual.
Maybe Netflix is blocking Linux video play? But on Ubuntu it works
Maybe i need ChromeOS update - but it does not start on video try playing...
  • 186(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Netflix Add-on [input-stream]14