• 189(current)
Release Netflix Add-on [input-stream]
After two years of faultless use of Netflix within Kodi today Netflix is telling me I must login. I tried the correct email/password but no, so I went down the road of Authentication Key following the Github procedure. I get to the point where I am to press Start to set off the Chrome browser but that window is somewhat garbled and whereas I can see the start button it does not respond to the mouse click.
I would appreciate any help because the Windows Netflix app I have just installed as a back up and which was successfully logged into using the email/password has a badly designed UI, the Kodi UI is superior in every single way.

Version 1.12.6 on Leía 18.9

Thank you.
This is an image of the window referred to above. As can be seen it appears corrupted and the Start button is inoperable.

Any help would be appreciated. I am having exactly the same problem with this on my Android box running 19.1 as well.
(2021-09-02, 12:52)JNRW Wrote: This is an image of the window referred to above. As can be seen it appears corrupted and the Start button is inoperable.
Any help would be appreciated. I am having exactly the same problem with this on my Android box running 19.1 as well.

Did you try to change used font?
Thank you for your reply. I am not aware how to achieve that within that window. Are you able to point me in the right direction?

EDIT: Do you mean changing the Windows 10 default font, because that involves going into the registry? I could do that but would be surprised that the author of the procedure would have had to do the same thing.
(2021-09-02, 16:46)JNRW Wrote: Thank you for your reply. I am not aware how to achieve that within that window. Are you able to point me in the right direction?

EDIT: Do you mean changing the Windows 10 default font, because that involves going into the registry? I could do that but would be surprised that the author of the procedure would have had to do the same thing.
Probably talking about this:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/wind...cc37d99b9a

Changing windows default font size/text size will cause some programs issues like this.  It is probably something that has to be designed into the program, and the program would have to either force a font size (ignore Windows) or scale the controls & windows.  I think when this feature was introduced back in maybe XP or Windows Vista a lot of programs had this problem, even Microsoft ones.
Thanks to you for your reply. I have tried to launch this on two completely different Windows 10 computers and I get the same result. I will play around with the font size etc. but I am surprised this has not been flagged up before. It is frustrating to get this far only to be stymied on something unrelated to Kodi or Netflix. I am grateful to both of you above for your suggestions.
(2021-09-02, 19:02)JNRW Wrote: Thanks to you for your reply. I have tried to launch this on two completely different Windows 10 computers and I get the same result. I will play around with the font size etc. but I am surprised this has not been flagged up before. It is frustrating to get this far only to be stymied on something unrelated to Kodi or Netflix. I am grateful to both of you above for your suggestions.

My only other guess here is desktop resolution (if it is lower than the program's window size), hard to say as I have never used the utility myself.  Not sure if it has been mentioned, but you might want to check the various FAQ's & README's on the two related sites and perhaps open an issue there to get the author's attention:

https://github.com/CastagnaIT/NFAuthenticationKey
https://github.com/CastagnaIT/plugin.video.netflix

Good luck, fortunately for me e-mail & password is still working for whatever reason.  I don't have multi-factor authentication (MFA) turned on, as I hear that is typically the cause.
Success!

I can’t thank you both enough. I reduced the font size as per the link you sent and it worked like a dream.

Brilliant! (You can tell I am pleased).
Thank you for this addon. I also went the Authentication Key route.

I have a second nVidia Shield TV. What happens if I backup the Kodi settings and restore on the second machine? Does Netflix work or I should login again?
I have to say that this addon is a must for nVidia Shield. I did some tests and the official Netflix app doesn't do refresh rate change. So you see micro stutters everywhere. How on earth they can release an app on Nvidia Shield that doesn't do refresh rate change?
(2021-08-23, 00:23)hlloyge Wrote:
(2021-08-20, 17:58)CastagnaIT Wrote: ensure to have at least python version 3.7 or above
Not that easy with Ubuntu LTS, without breaking stuff. AFAIR, I can break system to the point it won't boot - and just installing it side by side won't work as apps won't pick up default Python installation.
Is it necessary to use that version of Python for building plugin? If it is, I'll have to reinstall whole system to have newer updates.

There's python 3.8 available as a snap. I've just installed it on Ubuntu 16.04 (for another thing, unrelated to kodi) but it seems it works.

sudo snap install python38
sudo snap alias python38 python3
ln -s /snap/bin/python3 ~/bin/python3
(restart session)
python3 -V
Python 3.8.0
I'm not allowed to edit my previous post, but it's not even necessary to install python 3.8. Kodi 19 is available as a flatpak package. I've just installed it on an old Ubuntu 16.04. The Netflix addon works fine.

sudo flatpak install tv.kodi.Kodi
flatpak run tv.kodi.Kodi

(Kodi 19 runs in a sandbox, using a different configuration directory, so it's necessary to set it up from scratch)
Hi

I have followed the authentication route,  but got this error saying that cannot find websocket, may I know how to fix this?

I have already installed the web socket-client with pip3

File "NFAuthenticationKey.py", line 21, in <module>
    import websocket  # pip install websocket-client
ImportError: No module named websocket

Thanks
(2020-11-09, 15:35)khr0nyx Wrote: Hi there, 
I'm trying to install your addon on a raspberry pi and it keeps giving the Login error.
I tried doing NFAuth on linux and it keeps saying :
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "NFAuthenticationKey.py", line 20, in <module>
    import websocket  # pip install websocket-client

I have websocket already installed and all.

Then I tried on a windows PC and it keeps giving me:

Bad JSON escape sequence \P. Path 'chromeExePath', line 5, position 24.

Any ideas how I can solve this?

have you fixed this issue? I have got the same error as you
(2021-09-10, 05:36)Hossie Wrote:
(2020-11-09, 15:35)khr0nyx Wrote: Hi there, 
I'm trying to install your addon on a raspberry pi and it keeps giving the Login error.
I tried doing NFAuth on linux and it keeps saying :
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "NFAuthenticationKey.py", line 20, in <module>
    import websocket  # pip install websocket-client

I have websocket already installed and all.

Then I tried on a windows PC and it keeps giving me:

Bad JSON escape sequence \P. Path 'chromeExePath', line 5, position 24.

Any ideas how I can solve this?

have you fixed this issue? I have got the same error as you

I have just fixed the issue, it was caused by two different versions of python were installed on my Mac, you need to direct the environment to the latest python and that will fix the problem.
  • 189(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Netflix Add-on [input-stream]14