• 203(current)
Release Netflix Add-on [input-stream]
I am on kodi 18.9 with the shield on 8.2.3.
All working fine unil yesterday , i got an update for the addon and it stopped working.
can i undo the update ? Or just wait for the next update with the solution?
i use this great addon instead of the original because of the terrible  subtitle placement (to high) in the Netflix app.
I've got this error on Kodi 18:

Code:
Exception: HTTPError
Error details:
404 Client Error: Not Found for url: https://www.netflix.com/api/shakti/vedfd...m=widevine

There seems to be a problem with the Netflix api. You can follow the discussion here:
https://github.com/CastagnaIT/plugin.vid...1260421253
Exclamation 
[ADDON NOT WORKING - ERRORS INFO]

Yesterday netflix has done new changes in his website backend
this unfurnately has full broken all add-on versions for all Kodi versions

the required changes seem to be of varying degrees
that it will take a few days to make the add-on working again

when the fix wil be done,
depending on the extent of the required changes
i will decide whether to consider spending time on the old Kodi 18 version or not

info on progress on this Issue:
https://github.com/CastagnaIT/plugin.vid...ssues/1425
Dev-Maintainer of InputStream Adaptive add-on, Netflix add-on ▫ Skills Python, C#, VB.NET and a bit of C++
(2022-09-28, 09:35)CastagnaIT Wrote: [ADDON NOT WORKING - ERRORS INFO]

i will decide whether to consider spending time on the old Kodi 18 version or not

hey CastagnaIT

thank you!!
it's good to know that it's not some config thing on our part.
Your netflix addon is awesome, the way it integrates movies and shows seemlessly into Kodi.
So I guess we can come up with a little patience, looking forward to it working again Shy
(2022-09-28, 09:51)bobdude Wrote:
(2022-09-28, 09:35)CastagnaIT Wrote: [ADDON NOT WORKING - ERRORS INFO]

hey CastagnaIT

thank you!!
it's good to know that it's not some config thing on our part.
Your netflix addon is awesome, the way it integrates movies and shows seemlessly into Kodi.
So I guess we can come up with a little patience, looking forward to it working again Shy
Well Said bobdude ! 
@CastagnaIT Take all your time in the world...
@CastagnaIT like others have expressed take all the time you need.  It's a pain when websites make major changes that break plugins.  Thanks for all your hard work especially from those of us still on Leia.  Definitely prefer watching Netflix with your plug-in versus the Windows 10 app.
@CastagnaIT
Thank you for your hard work always!

I have a suggestion for times like these: similar to the Amazon VOD add-on have an option to use the native Android app. Because then we could still use Kodi as always and whenever there is an issue with the add-on it would automatically open the movie/episode inside the Android app. 

Maybe it's not too complicated and you like the idea?

Thank you either way!
Netflix’s native app is completely unusable if you’re a serious viewer. It’s insulting to have the end credits interrupted and be told to skip parts. I wouldn’t use Netflix at all without this Kodi app. I use Kodi for Disney, HBO and Amazon also. It’s a godsend when the regular app developers pander to those with short attention spans and make it impossible to watch anything with no intrusions!
My experience with this new error: I run Mavens Kodi Nexus alpha3 on Firestick TV 4K, and last night after updating to latest 1.18.10 version I got the error when tried to watch a movie or login to my account. Restarted Kodi and could login to NF and watch any stream as usual, without the error showing again.
Tonight at 8:00 pm (central Europe time) when I tried to login or watch any stream but got the error again. Gave up and spend the evening watching movies on HBO_Max. Then, just after midnight, I tied again to watch a Netflix series, and could do that without any problem. I can login or watch any stream as before, without this  error showing.
I collected tonight's log, if anything usefully can be seen there, I can send it but compressed as it's rather large 2,3MB...
Just for interest, yesterday I experienced the same login problems to Netflix as reported here causing me to use it via their Windows app (yuck) but today, with nothing done by me, it is working perfectly.
Can also confirm that Netflix plug-in mysteriously started working again, no changes made to my Kodi setup.
Kodi 18.3 Windows 10 x64 Pro.
(2022-09-29, 01:45)8traxrule Wrote: Netflix’s native app is completely unusable if you’re a serious viewer. It’s insulting to have the end credits interrupted and be told to skip parts. I wouldn’t use Netflix at all without this Kodi app. I use Kodi for Disney, HBO and Amazon also. It’s a godsend when the regular app developers pander to those with short attention spans and make it impossible to watch anything with no intrusions!

it'd be a nice workaround, though
(2022-09-28, 20:40)3000 Wrote: @CastagnaIT
Thank you for your hard work always!

I have a suggestion for times like these: similar to the Amazon VOD add-on have an option to use the native Android app. Because then we could still use Kodi as always and whenever there is an issue with the add-on it would automatically open the movie/episode inside the Android app. 

Maybe it's not too complicated and you like the idea?

Thank you either way!

sorry for the double post, I hadn't seen this.

So let me put this here:
is it possible to play Netflix content with the Netflix app as an external player through playercorefactory.xml?
I would configure a location for my .strm files and everything playing from that location (i.e. \\nas\netflix\blabla.strm) is directly opened and played with the Netflix app.

The Amazon Prime addon offers something similar, only it doesn't use playercorefactory.xml, but some internal feature.
But it does use the Prime Video app to directly play content.
So you can still use your Kodi library and it will play the movie/show in the Prime app.
The only drawback is that you have to close the app every time you're done playing.

What does this have to do with the playercorefactory.xml?
The Amazon Addon must use some mechanism similar to the playercorefactory.xml.
So shouldn't it work as well?
How would I configure that?

Something like the one below (this doesn't work, as I imagine I must add some sort of parameter like $1 or some such):

##
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="Netflix" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>com.netflix.ninja</filename>
<playcountminimumtime>120</playcountminimumtime>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<rule filename=".*strm.*" player="Netflix"/>
</rule>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>
##

If this works, we can use the playercorefactory as a workaround when Netflix makes changes.
I had Netflix working again last night but it is now giving the error again. Glad it is being worked on, I will give the developer a donation after it’s fixed. Gave a lot of money to Slyguy for his work in making these services usable by my standards.
  • 203(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Netflix Add-on [input-stream]14