iPod/iPhone usb plugin?
Hi new to the forms but been searching for a while now to see how it would be possible to play from an iPod/iPhone to kodi over usb/digital line out (flat level signal)

I've seen the car radio adaptors that work well with song skip and pause control via iPod/iPhone album art ext.
Seen usb support in many radios that do just the same. pretty universal for lots of devices including andriod Apple and various others, but can't find out how it's done or am searching the wrong things.

There's even a post of someone who made a Lenix based program for kodi to have an iPod plugin.
Seams to me that I would be looking for something very simmlar for Windows based system.

Has anyone heard of doing this with kodi?
I've seen some of using kodi as a dlna
Client and I know about AirPlay I'm trying to see about a usb connection for digital signal.

Any info is appreciated.
I very much doubt it.
HTPCs: 2 x Chromecast with Google TV
Audio: Pioneer VSX-819HK & S-HS 100 5.1 Speakers
Server: HP Compaq Pro 6300, 4GB RAM, 8.75TB, Bodhi Linux 5.x, NFS, MySQL
Install Kodi on the iphone.
Are you aware of any opensource player that does it?
No I'm not aware of any open source that do it. Just that there's a wide parity of devices that do it no problem for a lot of devices.

Trying to figure out for a project of mine but never been able to find any info on the way iPhone links over usb.
It seams to be pretty universal as IVe seen many devices old and the newest connect to any usb supported device and it just plays even pulls album art/tags.

Guess it's one of thoes things that's not shared very much, but is everywhere.

I know it can't be too crazy of a question?
The thing is that Apple iDevices are proprietary.
HTPCs: 2 x Chromecast with Google TV
Audio: Pioneer VSX-819HK & S-HS 100 5.1 Speakers
Server: HP Compaq Pro 6300, 4GB RAM, 8.75TB, Bodhi Linux 5.x, NFS, MySQL

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
iPod/iPhone usb plugin?0