Bug Problem Decoding Hebrew text from TheMovieDB Website
Smile 
@Karellen yes it's improved, but there's leftovers it seems. Smile
Ah, yes I can see the slashes in there on the first line.

@olympia will have to look at it again.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
LOL, I would call this more than "improvement". I thought you were missing the majority of the outline text more than having such big problem with little annoyance around the " mark.
...and it's quite difficult to fix something without being able to read.

Anyway, was trying to address this in common library v3.1.4 - probably the last time for such attitude.
well i am really sorry if you found my response disrespectful, but that best word i knew to describe the change i saw since i could not say it was fully fixed.
I dont know, maybe it's the use of the word "leftovers" that made look like Ungrateful comment. but now there is nothing i can do but tell that it was not my intention.
I have no clue in programing or what you did to fix the problem i am just casual Kodi user who came here to report a bug.

@olympia
I know you do it on your own personal time so you far from owing something to me so you can just stop dealing with this and since it was ureported for so long it probably not important or noticed bug.
Well, I used the magic word thank you in my post to report the fix, thanking you the report. This I believe telling the importance of your report and the bug itself, also showing gracefulness to you taking the time.

I was fixing the bug of the missing text after the first ". This was a significant bug as only part of the outline was displayed. The effort put into testing this and the fact it was fixed remained unthanked and called an improvement. Improvement to me means we made a step ahead.

The annoyance about the dashes was indeed still there, but the main problem has been fixed. And as being said probably I fixed this as well in v3.1.4 in spite it is tmdb which provides this text incorrectly.

So what I was trying to articulate (but based on your response I am not sure you got the point) is that 3 Kodi team members were dealing with your issue which has been ultimately fixed in 95%, but you did not thanked this to any of us, instead complaining about the remaining 5% saying the original issue is still persising.
okay i understand what you are saying, you are right i did not expressed gratitude for what you have done and i am sorry about that,
i might  took your communication with me & your effort to resolve the problem for granted. really sorry for upsetting you or any other member of the Kodi team.
 i wish you a enjoyment and fulfillment at the rest of your contributions for Kodi's project.
I would appreciate if you were confirming if the remaining 5% is also fixed by v3.1.4 Smile
Yes it fixed.
Many thanks for the work you have put in, and @[b]Karellen [/b]thank you for the quick response and help!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problem Decoding Hebrew text from TheMovieDB Website0