ffmpeg cabac dlls svn 13073
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles..._id=585323

Compiled with win32 threads now. I saw not much change but with this one the dependency to pthreads should be gone.

Spiff: This one is compiled with cpu=pentium3 the last one wasn't Confused
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
WiSo Wrote:http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles..._id=585323

Compiled with win32 threads now. I saw not much change but with this one the dependency to pthreads should be gone.

Spiff: This one is compiled with cpu=pentium3 the last one wasn't Confused

now 28% -38 % cpuusage

:-D
So you'll say compared to previous build this consumes more cpu?
if yes I'll compile then with pthreads again and it would be nice if you could test the same revision with pthreads to see if this is the threading or just some changes in ffmpeg.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
WiSo Wrote:So you'll say compared to previous build this consumes more cpu?
if yes I'll compile then with pthreads again and it would be nice if you could test the same revision with pthreads to see if this is the threading or just some changes in ffmpeg.

es sind fast jedes mal 10 % weniger last

die jetzigen dlls sind die besten und ich teste jetzt immer das killer sample
normale file laufen bei mir 1080p mit maximal 9% last
please use neglish! even if you think info you are providing can't be useful for others - you can be wrong and others can benefit from it.

Thanks

DP
He said that it uses 10% less load on his CPU as the previous build and that he uses the killer bird video as agreed test video.
So this sounds very positive too me and of course kudos to the ffmpeg guys.
Is it playing with the XBMC GUI set to 1080p and output playback resolution at 1080p? I just set up my new rig fot HTPC with gigabyte 780g board and 5200+ AMD CPU and I have lots of dropped frames with 1080p material. Switching back to 720p seems to improve things but from the info (I pressed during playback) I have lots of CPU headroom in 1080p. It shows CPU utilization at about 50-60% in busy scenes. But I have heap of dropped frames and stuttering. Audio is set to digital. I am using latest svn build that came with installer + those ffmpeg DDLs discussed here... I will put log when I come home...

DP
I'm more interested how they behave compared to #13007. If it's more worse or similar to see if the compile switches are ok.
I have also a lot of dropped frames but with a xp2 3800 with one core utilized a lot more than the other.
I can't really hack the ffnpeg codec just see that we always have the newest one Wink
don't shoot me but how can I install these codec? in the codec rep of mplayer?
C:\Program Files\XBMC\system\players\dvdplayer\

MPLayer has not been made to work in XBMC for Windows

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ffmpeg cabac dlls svn 130730