AMLogic S905X/S912 (also poss S905) CEC jamming...
Has anyone else noticed that S905X, S912 etc. AMLogic devices running LibreElec seem to jam CEC when they are in standby or powered down (but waiting for a power up IR command)

My Vero 4K does it with OSMC, my no-name S905X box does it and my Minix U9 (just arrived) does it (the latter two both under LibreElec)

It stops my TV auto-switching to other HDMI sources when these boxes are connected - which is a bit annoying, and also stops ARC audio switching and CEC volume control from my TV to my amp...
Yes — it’s done by UBoot. This was one reason why we decided to implement Suspend support and deactivate the TMDS clock. We have a patch for UBoot, but we didn’t use this approach as wakeup from USB wouldn’t have been possible

You’ll probably struggle to find UBoot sources for generic boxes with correct DDR timing, so updating the bootloader may be tricky.
(2018-04-04, 19:50)noggin Wrote: Has anyone else noticed that S905X, S912 etc. AMLogic devices running LibreElec seem to jam CEC when they are in standby or powered down (but waiting for a power up IR command)

My Vero 4K does it with OSMC, my no-name S905X box does it and my Minix U9 (just arrived) does it (the latter two both under LibreElec)

It stops my TV auto-switching to other HDMI sources when these boxes are connected - which is a bit annoying, and also stops ARC audio switching and CEC volume control from my TV to my amp...
Hey! Have you solved it? I have minix neo u9 with coreelec and the CEC is so annoying. I havent found the solution. I read it could be fixed with u boot, but I cant find any user friendly instructions how to do it Smile
On OSMC you can use the standby mode

Sam

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AMLogic S905X/S912 (also poss S905) CEC jamming...0