Android Can't find external drive on fire tv
I have tried every set of search word I could think of but have had no luck. 

I have a computer that is wirelessly connect to the internet. I have an external drive connect to that. I have a fire tv wireless connected to my TV. I can not get Kodi to find the external drive. I have tried smb//computer name/f/tv and nfs//ip address/f/tv and I tried smb//ip/f/tv.

I have gotten error 2 and invalid argument. 

I did make sure the computer and drive has sharing enabled. 

Any suggestion?
what o/s is the computer running? as the android version of kodi only supports smb1 and this has been removed from windows10. kodi 18 on android supports smb2 + smb3 i believe.
I am running win 10 on the computer the hard drive is connected to. The fire TV is the new 4k 3r generation. 

How do I get Kodi 18 on the fire tv and would it then see my external drive?
you will need kodi 18 for it to work. you could try the alpha1 from the pre release tab on the downloads page.

obviously make sure you share the drive to the network with the correct permissions ect. and make sure to add the user name and password in kodi win10 does not like sharing if the share does not have a password.
Once I get Kodi 18 installed I should assign a username and password on Kodi. After that I need to go to smb and it should find my drive?
you are best off setting up a 'local user account' on the windows computer for kodi to use.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't find external drive on fire tv0