Release TvTunes alternative for playing soundtracks when browsing
First post updated to prevent error messages when option 'Show parent folder items' is selected. See Edit 5 at the bottom...

I'd like to make clear some things though...

- My only aim is to help others sharing something that works for me and that allows to enjoy a feature that I missed a lot, but I don't say that this is the perfect solution for everybody; for me (windows-64 bits Leia Alpha nightlies) works well, I don't have other systems, so I don't know about them...

- The main advantage is that it doesn't require the use of additional addons. The main disadvantage is related to the limited options that the skinning engine offers, namely, it's not possible to check beforehand whether a theme.mp3 file exists or not, therefore even if a movie/tvshow doesn't have a theme.mp3 file in its folder this code tries to play that file anyway at least once; it this case an error is written in the kodi log. In my system this is the only shortcoming, but with other OS your mileage may vary...

- I'm the first one that don't like imperfect solutions, so I made a feature request some days ago in the forum to solve this once and for all (https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=332159), but it seems not to have arisen much interest (to be honest zero interest...), so we'll have to make do with this for the time being...
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, please click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :)

Messages In This Thread
RE: TvTunes alternative for playing soundtracks when browsing - by manfeed - 2018-05-28, 11:08
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TvTunes alternative for playing soundtracks when browsing2