Possible for info/controls to vanish when Kodi is paused?
I like to capture frames from movies and tv but right now with the default settings (Krypton) this isn't really possible because the bottom controls and top info remain on the screen and are included in the capture.

Any ideas on how I can grab a frame without any "overlay"? The skin I used in potplayer made this very easy: there was a camera button alongside the bottom controls that would capture a "pure" frame.
Off the top of my head, Aeon MQ skin allows this.  I cannot think of any others that will do this, but I also haven't tried even half of the skins available Tongue
Transparency! will allow this with a right mouse click to subdue the interface, but watch out for the clearart and pause marker.
You can do this very easily for any skin by editing the relevant skin xml file. For how to do it for Estuary (default skin) see https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2699671
Bello's pause symbol disappears after a few seconds.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
It might be possible to do a capture in a python addon sort of like is used for Boblight but I don't understand enough about it to say for sure.  Otherwise, yes you can create a skin setting to remove all GUI overlay from showing (not 100% sure on notification dialog but assume you can hide that too).

scott s.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Possible for info/controls to vanish when Kodi is paused?0