Deprecated TVCatchup
Anyone managed to get the transponder.tv working?
For transponder.tv have you tried recently added Lunatixz Addon https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...id=2763844 ?
If you have and you are having issues using addon it would be helpful to post about your findings and provide a kodi log in above thread.

----edit--- Actually when double checking I note above addon is not currently available (never tried to use myself)
RPi4, (LibreELEC 11.0) hdmi0 -> Philips 55PUS7304 4K TV, hdmi1 -> Onkyo TX-SR608 AV Receiver
(2018-09-01, 11:49)hgtv Wrote: hi @olympus and @Lunatixz ,
to help in the information gathering on transponder.tv .... not sure if this is the best way, but I did manage to get the tvcatchup.py working by a bit of scraping changes and manually adding my Cookie string in the
python:
urllib2.Request(url,headers=headers)
, with my
python:
headers={'User-Agent': 'Mozilla','Cookie':cookie}
.  Let me know if you want more details.  Thanks for a great add-on!
 Could ypu provide any more details of how to do this and what to edit please mate?
Quick question. Should the uepg part of the addon provide the guide data for the listed programmes? I'm getting the show title, start/stop times, but no plot. Wasn't sure if it's not available or hasn't been implemented.
(2018-09-17, 13:36)abbodj88 Wrote:  Could ypu provide any more details of how to do this and what to edit please mate? 
for transponder.tv , I only minimally kludged on buildLive() method in one edited file, tvcatchup.py (to get video working).  In addition to the already mentioned HTTP headers (the User-Agent and Cookie) change, instead of getting the tvcatchup.com "channelsHolder" list, a workable
python:
LIVE_URL      = BASE_URL + '/nownext'
scraping changes were about 6 lines. (Also, unfortunately last week the website registration changed, so had to re-sniff a new Cookie string to include.  Hope site stablizes.)  The rest of the original tvcatchup.py code worked for transponder.tv as is.  Let me know if it is appropriate to post more details here. (I am sure @Lunatixz's will be more polished !)
erased
@hgtv can you please refrain from posting hack code on the forums... this will make my involvement in plugin support harder due to unauthorized code. If you would like to contribute open issues and create push requests at my github page. Thanks
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
sorry. how can i correct the situation? can i erase my previous post?
Since the code you posted is technically not functional without further user manipulation i'd suggest removing it entirely... You are welcome to open issues and push requests for suggested changes.
Are you in one of the regions being redirected to transponder? if so I'd like you to test my beta code.
@Lunatixz  If possible I would like to test beta...I am redirected to Transponder.tv...
@Lunatixz if you need testers, I'd be happy too. Currently I use TVCatchup for 95% of my live TV viewing, which thanks to my kids is several hours a day. I'll be moving over to Transponder.tv once you release it, anyway, since it offers far more channels.
Hi @Lunatixz ,  is this the best template example to start with for website login addon code? from googling i found...
I wish to get my transponder.tv cookie string programmatically instead of my previous sniffing.  Thanks
@hgtv I understand you want to help, Thank you... however I do not need assistance in developing the transponder.tv plugin. Transponder.TV is 99% complete, login and all... 
Transponder.TV will be released when I have time to finalize the code.
Thanks @Lunatixz , i look forward to learning how to code login when Transponder.TV plugin is released.
Cookies can change.  It has been very interesting to learn how these html look like reading the addon code.
(2018-09-30, 23:20)hgtv Wrote: Thanks @Lunatixz , i look forward to learning how to code login when Transponder.TV plugin is released.
Coding "logins" are straightforward. The time consuming part is reverse engineering the service (needed when no api documents are available). It's important to study all endpoints of a service then use standard request posts. https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/get-post-r...ng-python/

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TVCatchup0