Linux Kodi only play first few minutes of audio, of a video clip, then stops!?!?!
I started up kodi on my linux (xubuntu) box one day and clicked over to the tv series I was currently bingeing on, clicked on the episode, and I started to hear the audio but no video, the screen was still showing the kodi gui/tv interface with up in the right hand corner it said it was playing the episode (half right, audio minus the vid), then slience. It stopped, no audio, no video.
I thought it might be the network or the computer itself but I was able to mount the drive, and play the same video with the simple parole media player. I tried uninstalling kodi, then autoclean, then autoremove, restarting the computer, reinstalling kodi and bang, same result no matter which file I tried to play.

I wasn't able to make sense of the log so have posted it to https://ghostbin.com/paste/r4n5z

Please help!!!
Your log file only shows the boot process, there are no videos being started or stopped.
argh. I made sure that i tried playing something before shutting kodi down.
Any thoughts on how I can diagnosis this, or get the attempt to play a video to show up in the log?
Try again.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Well honestly I didnt think that would do any good, but fortunately I was wrong. I ran kodi with tail -f on the log file so I was able to see if anything that looked relevant was being logged, it starts (the video playing, Movie "The Inferno") starts around line 775 https://ghostbin.com/paste/tudfg
Please do let me know if this is not useful either and I will try something else (not sure what though).
Thanks!!!!
The link only has  548 lines of text
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Crikey! I can't seem to win lately.
Ok, here is the link, I checked it to make sure all the lines are there, should be 1822. The video name is "The Inferno" so I was able to ctrl+F to find it, apart from that I'm not totally sure about the output.
Thank you so much for your patience.
https://ghostbin.com/paste/xnbb7
Can you try from local disk, please?
Sure!
https://ghostbin.com/paste/4pqo8
file is "Hunted - S01E01 - Mort.avi"
Same thing happened, played a bit of the audio for a few seconds, then stopped, never showed video.
Thanks!
Quote:13:55:25.787 T:140583727692160 ERROR: Load3dLut: Could not open 3DLUT file:
13:55:25.787 T:140583727692160 ERROR: Error loading the LUT
13:55:25.787 T:140581753825024 WARNING: CRenderManager::Configure - failed to configure
13:55:25.787 T:140581753825024 ERROR: OutputPicture - failed to configure renderer

Can you disable LUT support?
Yeah! That did it, but am puzzled. I dont remember messing with the settings prior, and I don't have any 3D videos so not sure why I would have enabled it either? Is there a keyboard shortcut or something like that I may have accidentally pressed?
Regardless, thank you so much! This was frustrating me to no end.
I have the same problem! Hope it can be fixed. Kodi works fine on my Mac but Kubuntu running Kodi freezes!
(2018-05-13, 21:45)2ysur Wrote: I have the same problem! Hope it can be fixed. Kodi works fine on my Mac but Kubuntu running Kodi freezes!
 You don't! Your box freezes, his box stops. Add your Debug Log, please.
MY brain freezes to when I try to figure it out ):-( I'm thinking we have a bug and if we can fix the former it will also (hoping)it will fix mine.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi only play first few minutes of audio, of a video clip, then stops!?!?!0