v17 [SOLVED] Krypton 17.6. Video files randomly stop themselves.
I have thus far tried eliminating drive pooling, replacing drives, eliminating network locations.

Nothing is stopping this problem. I cant post my most recent log as it was 2.9 megs in size. To big. Same ffmpeg read errors as the first log post. Google just suggests network or failing drives. Have replaced or eliminated both of those. Anyone have any other ideas? Dying here.

Its so random. Even tried a few other distros over the weekend. Same thing all around. It only happens with mkv files. Mp4 are not affected

*EDIT*

Are usb 3.0 drives a potential problem. I been googling a bit more, found a few similar issues. Wondering if that could be my cuplrit. This seems a very rare error, if at all and I know most people use real hard drives, not usb drives. Gonna buy a 2tb seagate to put in my server and remove all usb drives except one for snapraid parity to replace. Will know in a week or so. hopefully...
Marking as solved, whether or not it is I don't know 100% for sure. I eliminated all usb 3.0 drives and replaced my internal 1tb with a 2tb internal for more space. Plenty for now. I found something I didn't expect inside the case, never considered looking inside.

The sata connector to the drive was loose. It was working but I get the feeling that it was intermittent. That could and or would explain everything. When I replaced the drive with a new bigger one I made twice sure it was connected all the way. I haven't had an issue yet. I'm really hoping this is it. Every other variable has been changed / eliminated. A loose connector would explain everything. I won't be following up with this thread anymore. There is literally nothing else to explain this. I'm hoping. Thank you for all views. Helped, even if it was few. Kept me going looking instead of giving up.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[SOLVED] Krypton 17.6. Video files randomly stop themselves.0