system ffmpeg vs kodi ffmpeg with wayland vs x11
I still don't know how to get lib64 seen as a system lib - but that's my/lfs issue. The exec_prefix seems not to be related/an issue.
Nearly everything I build uses lib.
I don't know why waylandpp doesn't, but anyway, if I edit the .pc files, changing lib64 to lib then kodi does get to use it's own ffmpeg and vaapi hwaccel works on wayland with AMD/mesa.
we'll fix this in kodi
(2018-04-23, 00:44)AndyFurniss Wrote: It seems that pkg-config --libs will not filter lib64 but will filter lib - maybe because this pure 64 bit system doesn't really have lib64 - it's a symlink to lib.
 Then your problem is not pkg-config, but that you are installing waylandpp wrongly. Use -DCMAKE_INSTALL_LIBDIR=lib when configuring waylandpp to get it right. Waylandpp uses the standard GNUInstallDirs module which tries to guess the library directory based on system configuration (different distributions handle it differently). In your case, it's guessing wrong :-)
Sidenote: If you have more libraries with this problem, you should fix them too or recompile pkg-config with an appropriate --with-system-library-path option
Thanks and yea, I should make sure nothing installs to lib64 (now I know it's an issue!), it's only there really for the few pre-compiled binaries that fail without it eg. Unigine/Unreal GPU demos/games.

I did rebuild  waylandpp and configuring with ccmake  doesn't expose system library path at the default level - I will check more in future.

Given what wsnipex says about fixing, and not remembering seeing any lfs/blfs build instructions that need to specify -DCMAKE_INSTALL_LIBDIR=lib plus the low number of affected libs, default use of lib64 seems to be quite rare.
please give https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/13810  a try
That works OK, thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
system ffmpeg vs kodi ffmpeg with wayland vs x110